1. vBulletin Raffles Usergroup Entry Limits Details »»

vBulletin Raffles Usergroup Entry Limits

Developer Last Online: Apr 2014 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      vB Version: 4.1.x Rating:  (3 votes - 5.00 average) Installs: 7
      Released: 12-27-2011 Last Update: Never Downloads: 36
      Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins

It's Christmas and I'm feeling generous so here's a free add-on. Beside that, it's a very short simple add-on.

This add-on for vBulletin Raffles allows different usergroups to have different entry limits for each raffle.

It comes as a result of a request from a forum that has over 170,000 members and has run raffles with over 60,000 entries (which is a record for the raffle system so far as I know).

This add-on is designed for use with vBulletin Raffles vB4.x version 1.3.3 or higher.
      It WILL NOT work with earlier versions of vBulletin Raffles.

* INSTALLATION *
      -----------------------
      1) Import the product XML file (product-raffleentries.xml) into the Product Manager in AdminCP.

* USING THIS ADD-ON *
      ---------------------------
      1) Go to AdminCP->Raffles->Edit Raffles (or Add New Raffle) and you will find there is now a new selection, Usergroup Entry Limits.

2) To give different usergroups different entry limits, enter the usergroup and the number of entries allowed for that group with a pipe symbol between them (example: 2|100 would allow usergroup 2, 100 entries).
      You can enter more than one usergroup if you like, just separate the entries with a comma (example: 2|100,6|10).
      Any usergroup not entered will get the number of entries set in Maximum User Entries Permitted.
      The number of entries for a usergroup will show in the Entries per User display of the Raffle Detail page. So, each member of a usergroup will see the proper number there.

3) Save the raffle.

* HISTORY / CHANGELOG *
      -------------------------------------
      1.0.0 (December 27, 2011)
      - Initial Release

Download Now

Show Your Support

• If you like this modification support the author by donating.
      • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
    Thank you for this!

Scott
    SatelliteGuys.US

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scottct1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by scottct1 View Post
    Thank you for this!

Scott
    SatelliteGuys.US
    Absolutely no problem.

Even though I don't post very much, I enjoy your site.

Besides, a couple of years ago Digiblur helped me out a little with a programming project so this just pays that back to some extent.

Wow. Thank you very much for this!.
    Canadian Rifles Regiment
    A PS3 Gaming Community
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Archer & Angler
    Shoot Problems - Tackle Questions - Reel Answers

Just what the Dr. ordered, thank you so much, needed this =)

Mod/Add-On Owner
    Does this work with additional usergroups too?

EX:
    Registered members can have 1 ticket
    Level 2 members can have 2 tickets.

A user has a primary usergroup of Registered Member and a Secondary usergroup of Level 2. How many entries will they have? 3?

It does work with additional groups, but the entries are not cumulative.

The highest usergroup ID the member has is used for the number of entries given.

Mod/Add-On Owner
    Ok. You mean the usergroup that has the highest number of entries allowed is used right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Ok. You mean the usergroup that has the highest number of entries allowed is used right?
    No, I mean the highest usergroup ID.

IE: If a member has a usergroup of 2 and an additional group of 10, the entries for usergroup 10 will be used.

Cool I was just thinking of doing something like this if my raffles take off as I would like them to, thanks
    Keep your bike in good repair: Motorcycle boots are not comfortable for walking.
    Why not join us on our motorcycle forum the place where motorcycles are a way of life
    http://www.triumphtalk.com

I've been limiting our entries for different classes of members from month to month. This is a much better way of doing it, thanks for writing and releasing it.

Feenix

12. The Following User Says Thank You to feenix1363 For This Useful Post:

Moderation Tools (0)