• Like XenForo 1.x itself, add-ons for XF 1.x are in maintenance mode. This means that they will receive bug fixes and security updates only. It is highly unlikely new features will be added.
Advanced Application Forms for XenForo 1.x

Advanced Application Forms for XenForo 1.x [Paid] 1.2.17

No permission to buy ($25.00)

App

Applications Owner
Hi Snog, I found that the CSS style of the form fields is not the same as xenForo's one. How do I make the forms "inherit" the CSS style of the forum skin? Thanks!

App

Applications Owner
Sorry Snog I wasn't clear. I meant that the form fields are rounded at the corners and have some spacing around the fields when I use other forms on the forum (register etc), but when I try the application form, the fields are squarish and the items are more squeezed together.

Another difference is the background color of the fields.

Please see these links:
form plugin: https://snogssite.com/forum/index.php?applicationform/&posid=1
registration form: https://snogssite.com/logoff.php

Thanks for looking into this!

Snog

Administrator
Validated XF Owner
You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content
How they appear in the application form is how they are suppose to appear. There is no CSS styling applied to the input fields.

If you want to style the fields, you can edit the advapp.css template.

Eelviny

Applications Owner
Hey, I bought the add-on with my account, using my business email address on paypal, but I couldn't seem to get the email. The same for validating my account.
Can I have another email to the address I have assigned to this account please? My purchase is under the name JustGame in your PayPal, if you need proof of purchase.

Also, maybe only allowing people with validated accounts to purchase? I've learnt from my mistakes ;)

Last edited:

Snog

Administrator
Validated XF Owner
I don't normally send to another email until someone has been around for a while. I've made an exception this time. Download link has been sent to your gmail account. Be sure to check your spam folder if you don't get it soon.

App

Applications Owner
Hi Snog, yes you are right. The fields appear as they are, without the theme's "default styling". Would you be improving the styling of the plugin's form fields so that the entire experience of using the forum is consistent?

Thanks!

Snog

Administrator
Validated XF Owner
The way the form appears is intentional so I have no plans to change it's styling.

If you want the text boxes to appear the same as other places on your site (or close to it), put this at the end of advapp.css..

Code:
You must validate your XenForo license to see code

dehness

Validated XF Owner
XF2 Forms Owner
XF2 Groups Owner
XF 2 PayPal Owner
For some reason I keep getting a permissions error despite the form being allowed for this usergroup in both the application type and forms "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action". I can't see any other permissions options the add-on has created. What am I missing?

Snog

Administrator
Validated XF Owner
I can't duplicate this.

Double check that both the type and form are set to allow the usergroup you are having a problem with. Also be sure that the type and form are set as Active.

dehness

Validated XF Owner
XF2 Forms Owner
XF2 Groups Owner
XF 2 PayPal Owner
Both are allowed and both are active. If I send you some login details can you take a look?

Perseverance

Applications Owner
Is their anyway that you can modify the format in which the application is posted onto the thread? For instance; instead of having the answer posted next to the question in the thread, have it posted in the line below the question.

Top Bottom