[OzzModz] Advanced Forms

[OzzModz] Advanced Forms [Paid] 2.2.3

No permission to buy ($30.00)
You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content

Xenforo 2.1 is a beta and unsupported, and latest Advanced Forms requires using 2.1+.
I have no issues with using the older versions on another website

That's really unfortunate if you can't download specific versions >=(

Hi Snog Snog - I am having issues when creating a new form. Here's the error that is spit out when trying to save a new form:

Code:
You must validate your XenForo license to see code

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the time/date selection in the form - I do not see a list of hours/minutes or anything when selecting the start/end date of the form, just the date selection. Leaving it blank does not allow the form to be submitted either - it just errors out as above.

Any idea what may be causing this?

Thanks!

You aren't creating a new form, you're copying a form and the error is coming while copying the questions to the copy being made. This will be fixed in the next release.

For now, build your form from scratch and don't use the copy function.

NOTE: If you have installed version 2.0.18 as a fresh install you may experience an error regarding the placeholder for text answers. Uninstall the add-on, re-download it and upload the new files to your server. Then re-install.

This does not affect upgrades, only new installs.

Bug report for version: 2.0.17

adv forms 2.0.17 on latest XF2.1

I just noticed with date selector when the calendar pops up the left and right arrows (are there just invisible) are the same color as the calendar itself ...so someone not so intuitive would not immediately know/or know how to move the date backwards or forwards. I think that may be a bug, so I thought I'd post it.

Rather than waste more forum space with a side question to the same context: is there any potential for a future calendar that will allow a year drop down? Great for the birthday question.

Not a bug in the add-on. The date input style comes directly from XenForo.

It's your style and you'll see the same thing on the date input on the advanced search page. I have the same problem with the style I have here, but I haven't had a chance to check which style value sets the arrow button color in the date input.

I don't anticipate adding a different type of date input because you can click on the year on the calendar and progressively go back in time to set the year. And considering there's a 50 year spread for the year on the date input for forms, I think that covers most cases. But I'll put it on the wish list for the add-on.

EDIT: Bug report for previous/next buttons made...
https://xenforo.com/community/threa...-picking-up-text-color-on-dark-styles.162027/

Hi Snog Snog
Is it possible to add a form directly inside a post/thread? I mean, like shortcodes in wordpress or media bbcode
If not, it would be a great milestone to achive.

We usually want the more people to participate the better, so less clicks to reply a form will turn into high participation increase
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-click_rule
Hope you can achive that.
Thanks for considering it!

Using a short code is not possible and there are no plans to add it.

But you can use the direct access URL for a form which accomplishes the same thing..

Example:
Bug report form

I needed the ability to allow the user to do multiple choice but select no more than a certain number of choices (we're using this for an board of director's election). I made a disgusting hack to Snog/Forms/Pub/Controller/Form.php. Right after the regex test (around like 506), I added a second test for the Multiple Choice type:

Code:
You must validate your XenForo license to see code

It reuses the regex and regexerror field. The regex field value is taken to be the maximum number of selections.

Do what you wish with it.

Interesting idea that I'll put on the wish list. But I wouldn't have done it that way.

But I do wonder why you don't just use a poll in a thread for the election when a poll has that exact ability?

pollvote.png

I need to keep track of who voted for what but not display any results (and then just the final tally) until after the election. I was about to dig into the XenForo polls to add more conditions on the display of the poll histograms (right now your only choices are to display or not BEFORE the user votes, but not after). It was an easier change to your form code (in fact, I was attempting to do it with a Regex until I realized that the regex only worked on the text answers... I guess guessing the results were comma separated lists like the entry of the choices, but it was obviously an array when I looked at the code for real).

An option to limit selections for checkboxes will be in the next release:

answerlimit.png

Hello,

I would like to have the option to set different redirect URLs based on the selcted option of an single select box.
Similar to the condiditonal questions, but for the redirect URL of the form.

Would it be possible to add this feature to this addon, it would really boost my usage.

Thank you in advance.

-Xiomera

Hi Snog Snog - I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, so I figured I'd just ask. When a user submits a form, and it reaches the max number of times it can be filled out, and there are no other forms available, the widget/sidebar does not disappear (like it would if no active forms were available at the time). Is this the proper behavior - and if it is, do you think you'd be able to make it/show us how to make it so the widget completely disappears if no forms that are able to be filled out are available?

Thanks!

Back