[OzzModz] Advanced Forms

[OzzModz] Advanced Forms [Paid] 2.2.3

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Not Found
The requested URL /test/form/srcasignup.1/select was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
I renamed it, but dosent help with srca-sign-up.1

You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content
What is is called in the admin->Application forms->forms area?

Can you access the forms from the Form tab on the site?

Additionally, you would need the full URL in a link not an abbreviated version like you're showing. That's a XenForo requirement, not mine.

Ah, OK. You don't have friendly URLs enabled in XenForo. I didn't think of that.

Hi Snog Snog Is there a way to have the form create a new thread instead of a PM? I can't locate how if so.

Obviously there is because that's how all the forms are set up here. :D

Go Admin->Application forms->Forms, select the form you want to edit. Click the Report Type tab, then click on Thread report options.

Hi Snog Snog OK, so trying to set up my first form.

created a forum type and checked off admin and logged in for view privileges.

form.png

created a form and selected the form type to link it to.

form2.png

Added a few default questsions and a custom question. But when I click on forms in the nav I get "You do not meet the criteria for any forms. No forms are available for you."

You need to meet the criteria for BOTH the form and the type. Most likely, you don't meet the form criteria (I've accidentally clicked "User is banned" when I've rushed through settings like that). Double check that you meet the criteria for both.

Note the criteria is a XenForo function and the forms system just basically receives a Yes or No from XenForo itself.

EDIT: Also note that if a user is in the "administrative" user group, that alone does not make them an "administrator" in XenForo.

You're right, didn't see it in the other til you pointed it out and can see it now.

But changing it up now on both checking off both "User is a guest" and "User is logged in" I get the don't meet criteria for any forms again. Is there no way for a registered member and guest to use the same form?

First set the "Unregistered/Unconfirmed" user group permission so they can view forms.

Then in the Type and Form User Criteria use the "User is a member of any of the selected user groups" section and select both the "Registered" and "Unregistered/Unconfirmed" user groups. Don't use anything in the "Privileges and status" section. If you use that section XenForo will expect the user to meet all of the items checked there.

Snog Snog Please can you improvement the design? Adding CSS border button.

cCSKGly9RWexsZTed0GDNQ.png

They are not buttons and not intended to be buttons. They are a list of links, not a group of buttons.

But buttons are friendly user interface then list of links ... :confused:

There are sites that have 20 to 30 application forms. Having 20 to 30 buttons would not be reasonable.

What fits your needs does not fit the needs of other sites. Consider modifying the template the way you want it on your site.

Hello,

could we please get more control about which answers will be used for thread title generation? Currently there is only {1} for Sender name and {2} for answer of first question. We would like to compose the thread name from multiple answers but this is not possible.

Back in the day we were using Easy Forms on vB.4 for various of reports where the thread names were composed from sort of "category" (answer from single-selection question) + plaintext (singe-text field with character limit).

Example:
1513523001183.png

Then the thread name was generated like this:
1513523238349.png

Could similar behavior be implemented so any answer could be used in thread title? Maybe use {1}, {2} for IDs of questions of the form and {0} or {username} for the user (instead of {1})

Thank you in advance !

That has been requested in the XF 1 version and was experimented with on a couple of test sites. Unfortunately people tended to surpass the 100 character limit for a thread title when that was tested. Now I could truncate the thread title, but that tended to make the title odd looking. So rather than forcing people to count each character entered in a drop down and then limiting a single line test answer length, I decided not to implement that particular feature.

The way it is, by allowing any answer as the title, the limit can be exceeded and I'm not particularly happy with that situation either. But it is less likely than combining multiple answers.

Snog Snog Thank you for your reply. I understand the concerns but as i can see there are already couple of things which needs to be handled carefully by forum admin if used (for example "PC sender name").

Any chance to re-consider your statement? What about making this possible and truncate the thread name by 100 chars (as you mentioned) AND put a note in the admin panel stating something like "Be aware that full thread name could be max 100 characters. Any thread name exceeding this limit will be automatically truncated which could lead to unexpected behavior. Be very careful when composing thread title from answers via variables!" (or something like that, sorry En is not my native lang).

I really think that any serious admin could read, understand and handle this in a proper way.

Thank you for your time and effort!

Alex

They are located in the report/edit etc. section of the post..

approve.png

Also be sure you have the permission "Can approve/deny submitted forms" checked for your user or user group.

Back