[OzzModz] Advanced Forms

[OzzModz] Advanced Forms [Paid] 2.2.3

No permission to buy ($30.00)
You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content
It's not only permissions that need to be set.

Go to the form in the admin area and scroll down to the bottom of the first tab for the form. You need to set the user criteria for the form. You also need to do the same thing for the form type if you're using a type.

Anyone that does not meet the criteria for BOTH the type AND form will be unable to see the form and will get the error you quoted. This includes admins.

Hello,

Every user has permission, the user criteria for the form has been set (all groups and also specified specific users for testing purposes). I’ve also tried removing the form type as a whole. I have tried this on more than one account, admin and default, both with same permissions.

Regardless of all of that, it still redirects me to the home page, and when I click on forms it says I do not meet criteria sadly.

Thanks

Are we talking about the same permissions?

You have the User group permissions in Admin->Groups & permissions->User group permissions where user groups need permission to view forms.

Then you have Admin->Advanced forms->Forms, edit form where you set the user criteria for the form itself.

If you are getting the message that "You do not meet the criteria for any forms..." then you quite simply don't meet the critera and you need to look closer at the criteria you have set. The criteria is a XenForo function that simply returns a Yes or No answer when it's checked. It's not something the forms system does.

If you could post the criteria you have set for the form and type, I MIGHT be able to see what the problem is. But, if it's something like post counts, etc. then only you can determine if that's the one not being met.

Hello,

Yes we are speaking of the same permissions. Here are my permissions for all groups at the moment:
528fbf4379f12d9dd12b420e91726a2d.png

Here is the form criteria (All groups & myself):
aec4e81216a04199ecbcc1fb53bbf96c.png

d1e95ea72cf19d27a9814f3508276600.png

And with the above permissions set it redirects/throws the same error I've mentioned before.
Thanks

Are those suppose to be 2 separate names in the Specific users box?

If yes, you have a . between K and 1A-1 when it should be a comma.

And even if it's one name, that is the one that is preventing other users from viewing the form. You're telling XenForo that only that user or those users, AND that user (or users) is in one of the selected user groups can view the form. Remove the Specific users and everyone should be able to view the form.

Again, for people to be able to view the form, they must match ALL of the criteria you have set. It's not an either/or situation. It's all or nothing. That's how the criteria system works in XenForo and isn't controlled by the forms system.

Hello,

I removed the specific user (the period was apart of the name) and removed the group checks. I tried disabling all checks, but it needs some sort of criteria the form states. I tried every single option on the form that would match myself and a few other users that are testing with me, ranging from simply being set to valid to having two-step disabled. Everything simply redirects. Note that this is still on the sample form.

If its an issue with Xenforo, I'm not sure what it could be because in terms of permissions every group seems to work as well as other addons that I have installed that contain permissions.

Thanks

You have to have some criteria. Just set some user groups and nothing else.

Remember, criteria is not an OR situation. It's all AND criteria. If a user doesn't match any one item, they will not be able to view the form.

And since you're using the sample form, be sure the form TYPE is set with the same criteria as the form. Or again, the user that doesn't match the TYPE criteria won't be able to access the form.

OR remove the form type from the form itself...
formtype.png

If a user does not match the criteria for both the TYPE AND FORM, they will not be able to view the form.

Don't confuse permissions with criteria. They are two different things.

EDIT: I've added information about the Form type that is included with the sample form to include the information about the TYPE criteria to the README.txt file in future releases.

This is what is added to the README.txt file in future releases:

Hello,

Thank you so much for your help! I totally was unaware of the form type permissions. A blunder on my part, my apologies. I checked the permissions and noticed that the Sample Form Type had mismatched permissions. I updated that and it now works! Works great now! Thanks again!

Just so you know, you don't HAVE to use Types. Types are a quick way to categorize and enable/disable groups of forms. If you disable a TYPE, all forms using that TYPE will also be disabled. So, let's say you have a TYPE for "Staff applications" and 10 forms that use that type. If you disable the "Staff applications" type, the 10 forms using that type are also disabled (unless you use a direct link to a form that uses that type).

And the criteria for a TYPE can be more or less restrictive than the forms themselves. This gives full control over who can and can't see forms at different levels.

This site is running the next release of Advanced Forms and some new functionality in some of the demo forms is not available in the current version.

The next release of Advanced forms will coincide with the release of XenForo 2.0.11. It should happen within one day after the release of XF 2.0.11.

Would Advanced Forms be suitable for this use, please?

Essentially, a forum in which each thread starts with a first post containing a company's contact information – name, address, website, etc etc.

Then each subsequent post in that thread would hold details of contacts our members have had with that particular company.

Many thanks!

Yes it could, but at what level a form would be used is up to you.

You could do the initial post for the thread where the "Post thread" button opens a form to create the thread like I do here...
https://snogssite.com/forums/test-application-form-posting.7/

OR, you could use a form for replies to a thread like I do here...
https://snogssite.com/threads/form-used-for-quick-reply.2495/

Unfortunately, you couldn't do both because once the new thread is created you would have to manually assign a new form for each thread where you want the replies to be handled by a form. And that does require a separate form for each thread where replies are handled by a form.

OK, thanks. Just to be quite clear…

If I create a detailed form for the first post in any thread (containing names, addresses & other fields) will subsequent posts be freeform, i.e. no fields? That would work for us.

This is quite similar to your excellent Movie Thread Starter addon, i.e. the first post contains specifc fields, all following posts don’t.

That's exactly correct.

And you can make the form "take over" the Post thread button so the form is always used to create the first post in any thread in a specific forum.

That's great, will buy.

Hi! Great plugin, but there was a small problem.
I can not set user permissions for attachments
Only admin can attach files to the form.
All settings have already checked ... but I can not understand the reason
Please, Help!

1541250324141.png

1541250611073.png

In order for a user to attach files, make sure the user's user group permissions are set properly for the forum (node) the form is being posted in. This is in the question answer type notes:

uploadperm.png

In previous posts I said that the next release of the forms system would take place after the release of XenForo 2.0.11.

That has been changed to XenForo 2.0.12 because 2.0.11 was strictly a security release and didn't contain the changes expected to be in 2.0.11.

Back