District 9

1.00 star(s)
1.00/5 2 Votes
Title: District 9

Tagline: You are not welcome here.

Genre: Action, Thriller, Science Fiction

Director: Neill Blomkamp

Cast: Sharlto Copley, Jason Cope, Nathalie Boltt, Sylvaine Strike, Elizabeth Mkandawie, John Sumner, William Allen Young, Nick Blake, Greg Melvill-Smith, Robert Hobbs, Vanessa Haywood, Kenneth Nkosi, Morena Busa Sesatsa, Themba Nkosi, Mzwandile Nqoba, Barry Strydom, Jed Brophy, Louis Minnaar, Marian Hooman, Vittorio Leonardi, David Clatworthy, David James, Tim Gordon, Anthony Bishop, Mike Huff, Anthony Fridjhon, Eugene Khumbanyiwa, Melt Sieberhagen, Andre Odendaal, Louise Saint-Claire, Norman Anstey, Nick Boraine, Brandon Auret, Jacques Gombault, Justin Strydom, Simo Mogwaza, Matt Stern, David Dukas, Daniel Hadebe, Bongo Mbutuma, Johnny Selema, Neill Blomkamp, Trevor Coppola

Release: 2009-08-05

Runtime: 112

Plot: Aliens land in South Africa and have no way home. Years later after living in a slum and wearing out their welcome the "Non-Humans" are being moved to a new tent city overseen by Multi-National United (MNU). The movie follows an MNU employee tasked with leading the relocation and his relationship with one of the alien leaders.

Where to watch

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database
I have heard so much about this movie :eek:

If you are not South African or have a good grasp on South African political history this one will be totally lost on you. I managed to watch about 30 minutes and that was enough for me

I have to agree with you. It was a movie I thought I'd enjoy, but it's filming style and the general flow of the movie made it not worth watching.

All I heard about it I was looking forward to seeing it, what a load of junk all round lol