• Like XenForo 1.x itself, add-ons for XF 1.x are in support mode. This means that they will receive bug fixes until May 31st, 2019 and security updates only until December 31st, 2019. They are feature locked and no new features will be added. As of December 31, 2019 they will be End of Life and no further updates will be given after that date.
Resource icon

First Post Edit Time Limit 1.0.0

No permission to download

New Joe

Validated XF Owner
OSB Display Owner
Nice, I could use this in a few places on my Forum
Will test it out tomorrow

Tommy

Validated XF Owner
Applications Owner
Custom Add-On Owner
XF2 Raffles Owner
I want to make sure I set this up correctly. What do I set their usergroup setting for if I just allow 3 forums where they can edit their first post indefinitely? I already set those 3 forums permission to unlimited for their usergroup.

Snog

Administrator
Validated XF Owner
You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content
That should be all that's needed. You don't need to touch the actual user group permissions if you already set them in the forum permissions.

Tommy

Validated XF Owner
Applications Owner
Custom Add-On Owner
XF2 Raffles Owner
@Snog Can you make it when the thread is locked either by a mod/admin or using your thread statuses add-on, that the first post can no longer be edited by the OP? (excluding admins of course) I am noticing users editing the FP after the thread is locked. I would like to preserve the info in the thread when locked in case a problem arises.

Snog

Administrator
Validated XF Owner
That would defeat the original purpose of this add-on. It was to allow members to edit the first post even if the thread was closed.

I'll see it I can make it an option as I cycle through my add-ons for updates.

Tommy

Validated XF Owner
Applications Owner
Custom Add-On Owner
XF2 Raffles Owner
I initially thought it was to only override the global post edit time limit for the usergroup. I appreciate if that option could be added when you do the updates. Thanks!

Top Bottom