Game of Thrones

5.00 star(s)
5.00/5 2 Votes

Genre: Drama, Fantasy

Director: D. B. Weiss, David Benioff

Cast: Emilia Clarke, Kit Harington, Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Sophie Turner, Maisie Williams, Iain Glen, Alfie Allen, Liam Cunningham, John Bradley, Conleth Hill, Aidan Gillen, Gwendoline Christie, Isaac Hempstead-Wright, Kristofer Hivju, Nathalie Emmanuel, Jacob Anderson, Jerome Flynn, Rory McCann

First aired:

Overview: Game of Thrones is an American fantasy drama television series created for HBO by David Benioff and D. B. Weiss. It is an adaptation of A Song of Ice and Fire, George R. R. Martin's series of fantasy novels, the first of which is titled A Game of Thrones.

The series, set on the fictional continents of Westeros and Essos at the end of a decade-long summer, interweaves several plot lines. The first follows the members of several noble houses in a civil war for the Iron Throne of the Seven Kingdoms; the second covers the rising threat of the impending winter and the mythical creatures of the North; the third chronicles the attempts of the exiled last scion of the realm's deposed dynasty to reclaim the throne. Through its morally ambiguous characters, the series explores the issues of social hierarchy, religion, loyalty, corruption, sexuality, civil war, crime, and punishment.

Where to watch

Trailer

Show information in first post provided by The Movie Database
I believe this one is supposed to be very good

Up to Season 5 now, just watched episode 9 last night
Really is the best thing I have seen...

Game of Thrones
High Sparrow
Season: 5
Episode: 3
Air date: 2015-04-26

Guest stars: Dominic Carter
In Braavos, Arya sees the Many-Faced God. In King's Landing, Queen Margaery enjoys her new husband. Tyrion and Varys walk the Long Bridge of Volantis.

Started watching this a few days ago. Excellent series!

Up to this episode now.
I still have not got around to watching it I think I need to set my DVR up to record this series.

I have just checked it out our side and it seems we far into the series already Game Of Thrones S5, Ep10. Do you need to watch it from the start or can you pick up what is going on so far down the line?

I would suggest starting with Season 1, Episode 1. There's a lot that happens throughout the series that if you don't follow it, you'll not understand things that are happening now.

But you could start now and then go back and say "AHA! Now I know why this and that happened" ;)

You'll also learn how these little guys came about...
dragonsmall.jpg
And understand them now...
Drogonlarge.jpg

Ok then I need to find this series some place so I could start from the first one.

Game of Thrones
The Winds of Winter
Season: 6
Episode: 10
Air date: 2016-06-26

Tyrion counsels Daenerys on the upcoming campaign. Jon and Sansa discuss their future. Trials begin in King's Landing.

Sadly, in the season 6 final episode you can tell they are preparing for a big ending of the show in either season 7 or 8.
Well I have just subscribed to Showmax so I am eventually getting to watch this series. Just started on season 1 today and so far we really enjoying it.

Well I don't think I will even be ready for that one by then anyway as I have a few to go still before I catch up :D

Just finished watching season 1 today, later we will start on season 2, so it looks like it might not take all that long to catchup :D

So far we really enjoying the series and I am now glad that I subscribed to Showmax just for this one alone.

Glad you're enjoying it. :D

Game of Thrones is one of only six television shows where we've purchased every season's blu-rays and ripped them onto an NAS so we can watch all of the episodes again if we ever decide to.

It might be worth watching again.

Almost forgot!

Since you finished Season 1, you now know how these little guys came about. :D
dragonsmall-jpg.1481

Yes and I can see why you said I needed to start watching it from the start. I still have session 5 reordered from when it showed on our SAT TV. So once I am finished with session 4 I will watch this as it will save on bandwidth as Showmax is an internet service but I suppose you know that already. Because of the cost of our bandwidth this side I will need to be selective as to what we do watch. So far it seems the average episode runs at around 600MB and the HD well over 2Gig so I have to keep clear of HD but the normal quality is not bad at all so that is ok for us.

This is like a drug, season 2 finished so now we just going to watch one more from season 3 .......... well I hope so :D

Welcome to the world of TV binge watching. :D

Unfortunately, you are late coming to the party. Like my wife and I we usually find a show we like late in it's life. GOT only has one or two more new seasons coming.

Well I have also noticed a few more series on Showmax that look nice so once this one is done we can move onto something else.

Back