Game of Thrones

5.00 star(s)
5.00/5 2 Votes

Genre: Drama, Fantasy

Director: D. B. Weiss, David Benioff

Cast: Emilia Clarke, Kit Harington, Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Sophie Turner, Maisie Williams, Iain Glen, Alfie Allen, Liam Cunningham, John Bradley, Conleth Hill, Aidan Gillen, Gwendoline Christie, Isaac Hempstead-Wright, Kristofer Hivju, Nathalie Emmanuel, Jacob Anderson, Jerome Flynn, Rory McCann

First aired:

Overview: Game of Thrones is an American fantasy drama television series created for HBO by David Benioff and D. B. Weiss. It is an adaptation of A Song of Ice and Fire, George R. R. Martin's series of fantasy novels, the first of which is titled A Game of Thrones.

The series, set on the fictional continents of Westeros and Essos at the end of a decade-long summer, interweaves several plot lines. The first follows the members of several noble houses in a civil war for the Iron Throne of the Seven Kingdoms; the second covers the rising threat of the impending winter and the mythical creatures of the North; the third chronicles the attempts of the exiled last scion of the realm's deposed dynasty to reclaim the throne. Through its morally ambiguous characters, the series explores the issues of social hierarchy, religion, loyalty, corruption, sexuality, civil war, crime, and punishment.

Where to watch

Trailer

Well I am glad to hear this as I thought this was it and I suppose it will be another long wait for the next season once again.

You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content
Yep, nothing until next year at this time.

Normally seasons are 10 episodes. But because they are near the end of the series, the creators decided to do the last two seasons with 7 episodes each. Season 8 will be the final season.

So with only 7 episodes I should finish it tonight then :D

Well I finished watching this season and they sure left us in the air until the next season. I could see that with what we now know that this could be good for a few more seasons but we know that will not happen. So they sure going to have to squeeze a lot of content into the next season by the looks of it.

Testing to see if a duplicate entry is added, or if this comment is added to the existing GoT entry..

It really is a great show btw!

--EDIT--
Cool, it got added to the existing entry. :)

Test entering "1399" as show ID..

Game of Thrones
Stormborn
Season: 7
Episode: 2
Air date: 2017-07-23

Guest stars: Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson, Megan Parkinson, Carice van Houten, Richard Rycroft, James Faulkner, Jim Broadbent, Tom Hopper, Bella Ramsey, Tim McInnerny, Rupert Vansittart, Ben Hawkey, Anton Lesser, Pilou Asbæk, Keisha Castle-Hughes, Jessica Henwick, Rosabell Laurenti Sellers, Diana Rigg
Daenerys receives an unexpected visitor. Jon faces a revolt. Tyrion plans the conquest of Westeros.

For those waiting patiently for the final season, Season 8, it won't air until April 2019. There will be no 2018 season.

I thought it was already all done and had no idea another season was coming out.

Nope, still one more to go. :)

From what I understand there will be 6 episodes in the final season. And each of those will be longer than usual.

Also, I know one of the scenes (a battle scene) that's already done took 55 days to film. That has got to be one epic battle! :eek:

Well I sure am looking forward to it then. Once again I will wait for the full season to be avalable before I start watching.

Game of Thrones
The Iron Throne
Season: 8
Episode: 6
Air date: 2019-05-19

In the aftermath of the devastating attack on King's Landing, Daenerys must face the survivors.

Well, the series is over and it ended in a quite unexpected way. But it does open up many possible spin offs.

We already know there's a prequel in production. And the ending leaves spinoffs possible for the entire Stark house.
I think Benioff and Weiss, really did the end of the series an injustice. I think they wanted to start on their Star Wars trilogy.

Back