[OzzModz] No Contact Us For Guests

[OzzModz] No Contact Us For Guests 2.0.0

No permission to download
why need this add on, you can do that in the xf settings?

You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content
Incorrect. You cannot do this in native xF. xF sees users who have registered but have not received the confirmation email or have not confirned, the same as an unregistered visitor. So that xF sites who don't allow visitors to use the contact form, also block these registered usrrs.

If you allow the public to use the contacts form, then you don't need this.

But yeah, always ask yourself "why do I need this" when looking at any addon.

A lot of thanks for this.

I can stop spam in my contact form with this addon

Can you please update this so rejected users cannot use the contact form. I'm getting lots of spam via the contact form for users who are rejected.

Still getting lots of spam from Rejected users. Anyway to block rejected users from using the Contact Us form?

Thanks, these spammers are a real PITA.

Still getting spam via the contact us form from accounts that are rejected or unconfirmed.

They have the permissions of the unregistered/unconfirmed group right? Which is set to cannot use the contact us form.

2021-06-24_12-15-03.jpg

If you have the "Unregistered/Unconfirmed" group set to disallow the contact form, there is no need for this add-on.

If so then they would never have the "Contact Us" clicky appear on your site. And if they manually navigated to /misc/contact they would get the No Permission message. I verified this using a test account, and the above is true with or without this add-on.

This test account is in the Registered usergroup, and User State is "Awaiting email confirmation."

I changed the User State to "Rejected" just for fun, and not only can I not see the contactus link, when I navigate to the form manually I still get the "no permission" message. With or without this add-on enabled.

BUT... For me and my little test account, when I set the permission for the Unregistered/Unconfirmed group to be able to use the contact form, I can do so with my test account with this addon enabled. User State is set to "Rejected." I can still use the form when I set user state back to "Awaiting Email Confirmation."

I don't believe I should be able to use the contactus form in these circumstances, so I am calling this a bug.

I wonder why I've never noticed that permission in the user group settings. Did XF add that at some point?

Always been there as far as I know.

Here's another thing, which might be the true purpose of this addon? With this addon active and enabled, logged out people cannot use the contact form. I get no link on my page and also get the "you must be logged in to do that" message when manually navigating to /misc/contact. THIS is the type of spam this addon is designed to stop.

Also stopping accounts like my test account I used and what you're describing, appears to be not a bug but out of the scope of the addon. Perhaps it can be added.

I really see no point in it, with this addon enabled legitimate people cannot contact the site. Might as well just de-permission the contact form for the entire "Unregistered/Unconfirmed" group. I really don't get the necessity of this.

If I have a legit user who cannot log in, I definitely want him to be able to contact me! With this addon enabled, he cannot.

I just want to stop the spam from guests, rejected, and unconfirmed users. If I understand you correctly, I don't need this add-on but need to just set the permission for Unregistered/Unconfirmed to no?

Yep. Locks 'em out. You can prove it to yourself the way I did, make a test account and make him rejected.

BUT, you will be blocking legit people who can't log in!

I need this addon explained to me. I honestly don't understand what it's supposed to do, to be honest.

I use our Spaminator addon, to stop all contact form spam. This allows me to let the entire world use my contact form. Spammers get to pack sand though, never had even one make it to my inbox.

Back