[OzzModz] Registration Spaminator

[OzzModz] Registration Spaminator [Paid] 2.2.0

No permission to buy ($30.00)
would this work well with Verify Email Before Registration ?

I would buy this add-on just to be able to experiment with it, but to be able to test its effectiveness I need some software similar to the ones used by professional spammers to try to register fake users through bots.

Is there some free code to experiment with? Something simple that emulates the registration in a xenforo forum through a bot.

This addon is designed to stop the automatic registration bots that are registered via automated processes.

There is no code to experiment with.

You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content

I am referring to external software, in order to simulate that, trying to register users in an automated way in my test forum.

Maybe in https://github.com/ I can find something to try to register users in an automated way.

You might, but it’s not going to be the top of the line software that is out there.

Even if it is not the same leading software used by spambots, I would like to have some third-party tool to test the add-on and see how it works in a test forum.

I don't doubt it for a single moment, but I would like to see it work for myself, and I have no patience for spammers to come to my new forum, they will soon arrive.

EDIT: my forum was born from an exodus from another forum, and we have had a troll who makes multiple accounts through a bot, to flood some very nasty images. He is not a spammer of advertising products, but it is something similar.

I use regex in spam phrases for nonsense like this. This is human activity and as such is outside the scope of this product. Even if he is using some bot tool and tailoring it for your site, that is human manipulation. This product fights mass bulk spam not personal targeting.

And just for clarification, I'm a license holder of the top three bulk spam bot programs used in the world. Careful study of same is what led to this product, which was tested for years before release in both real-world application and also in lab-type environments such as you appear to be describing. This product is not the result of random guesswork or just throwing stuff on the wall to see what sticks, this product is the result of years of capital investment, research, development and testing that started over ten years ago. We're not playing around, we hate spam as much or more than anyone. MY personal hate for it burns with the intensity of 10,000 suns!

Our confidence in the product for what it is designed and intended to do is why the price tag and ultimately, is the very reason it is available now to the licensed xenforo market.

Ok, a little calm. It is clear to me that I have to fight my problem with other means, but I do not consider it foolishness.

I only believe in what I see, sorry for my impertinence and ignorance. In my country we say that ignorance is very bold.

Perhaps there's a language barrier, but I certainly don't think it is foolishness and never said that. But it IS nonsense, someone targeting your site with nasty images? Xenforo has very robust native tools to stop idiots like these. No addon needed.
I don't think you were impertinent nor do I think you are ignorant and wasn't suggesting either. I merely clarified the genesis of the product and how it was rigidly tested, over time. For anyone else who might be reading.

By the way, spam purveyors aren't "professionals" they are low-life bottom feeders. They are not creators they are vandals. They're pigs. And we're better than they are.

Should I be disabling hCaptcha with this addon enabled?

I intermittently get this error in the server log about 10-20 times a day. We have users successfully registering though. Triple checked the site key and secret key are correct.

Lines in bold below are anonymized and had some data removed.

Server error log
  • ErrorException: hCaptcha configuration error: sitekey-secret-mismatch
  • src/XF/Error.php:75
  • Generated by: Unknown account
  • May 23, 2021 at 2:37 PM
Code:
You must validate your XenForo license to see code

Back