[OzzModz] Registration Spaminator

[OzzModz] Registration Spaminator [Paid] 2.2.0

No permission to buy ($30.00)
You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content
hcaptcha is a 3rd party source that had an outage or other interruption today. Thread about it at the xf forum. I don't use any 3rd party stuff for spam stopping and certainly not any annoying captchas.

Since disabling the IP checking part of the Email Check addon that was reassigned back to the original developer, the Registration and Contact Spaminators have become a lot busier on Umbrella Online and are getting a lot of garbage input, often with x2 attempts from the same IP in quick succession.

I'm going to assume this is normal, but thought I'd double check.. :) Screenshot is of the Contact Spaminator, but the input is much the same. Are these bots trying to bypass Captcha and/or verification strings of some kind with this?

1623916409793.png

It's running naked, no CAPTCHA ;)

I'd assumed since you mentioned captchas, you might be using it. Then I remembered your log was from the contact spaminator.

Either way, if captchas are enabled and you still collect log entries in spaminator products, it means those bots in the log defeated the captchas and everything else that might be enabled. ;)

A customer's body count log from today. 126,446 stopped since around Christmas. That's one hundred twenty-six thousand, four hundred forty-six. Without even one bot getting through. Six months, very busy site.

reglog.jpg

Hi! I'm a happy owner of the Registration Spaminator.
I've enabled permissions and I've been running it for a few days.
But the life of me I cannot locate the Registration Spaminator's logging.
Could someone point me to it?

Thanks a million!! :)

Navigate to /spaminatorlog and you'll see the log. For the Login Spaminator it's /loginlog

Congratulations on your acquisition of these endemall add-ons!

I've tried find the answer but my question is, once it's installed, it's up and running, job done?

Cheers

Bots seem to still be able to finish registration and posting those annoying CBD links even after installing this add-on, am I missing something?

Spaminator Logs.jpg

They show up in the Spaminator log, but shortly after, they are out and about creating threads.

If they are in the log, they never registered. The ones posting are probably human registrations that hand off the posting to their automated program.

Adding to this - what we've seen over the years is changes in approach in the spamosphere. First it was total human operations. They sign up and then make the posts, and get paid. The automated spam programs got better and also less expensive - and there were more of them - so then we saw a period of almost total automation - bot program registers then posts, and human operators were relatively rare. But the improvement in captchas, Q&A, and etc has it now mostly a hybrid operation: Humans register, then hand off the accounts to the botnet and get paid, then the botnet uses automation to log in and make the spam posts.

One way of stopping this is our Login Spaminator. The bot programs can't log in. This also is effective for "sleeper" spam accounts that registered days, weeks, months and even years ago.

Need as many good arrows in your quiver as you can get, to effectively stop spam today. Including use of spam phrases to keep anything that gets through, off your open boards.

Back