• Like XenForo 1.x itself, add-ons for XF 1.x are in support mode. This means that they will receive bug fixes until May 31st, 2019 and security updates only until December 31st, 2019. They are feature locked and no new features will be added. As of December 31, 2019 they will be End of Life and no further updates will be given after that date.
Resource icon

PayPal Balance/Donation System [Paid] 1.09

In support mode only
No longer available for purchase

DirtRider

Validated XF Owner
Applications Owner
Raffles Owner
TMDb Threads Owner
OSB Display Owner
PayPal Balance Owner
Custom Add-On Owner
Social Groups Owner
XF2 Groups Owner
XF2 Raffles Owner
XF2 OSB Owner
XF2 Movies Owner
XF2 TV Owner
XF 2 PayPal Owner
XF2 Games Owner
XF 2 Style Stats
XF 2 Music Owner
If you run a forum with donations this is a must have one. The work that Snog has put into this is amazing. It gives your members a view of where your forum is at any given time financially. It also increases your incoming donation signifintly. More than worth the cost.

DanielB

Applications Owner
PayPal Balance Owner
Does this support paypal subscriptions? Just looking for a verification of that before I push the payment button :D

Snog

Administrator
Validated XF Owner
You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content
The donation system uses the default XF User Upgrade system. So if that supports it, then yes. I know the XF system has recurring payments. I'm just not sure if that is the paypal subscriptions or not. It appears to be, but again, I don't know for sure.

DanielB

Applications Owner
PayPal Balance Owner
ah, gotcha...I read that in the description and it just didn't click. Thanks for the super fast response! Payment incoming :D

Snog

Administrator
Validated XF Owner
Thank you.

You may want to check the spam box for your PayPal account for the download links.

DirtRider

Validated XF Owner
Applications Owner
Raffles Owner
TMDb Threads Owner
OSB Display Owner
PayPal Balance Owner
Custom Add-On Owner
Social Groups Owner
XF2 Groups Owner
XF2 Raffles Owner
XF2 OSB Owner
XF2 Movies Owner
XF2 TV Owner
XF 2 PayPal Owner
XF2 Games Owner
XF 2 Style Stats
XF 2 Music Owner
You sure are not going to be sorry for getting this one. It is amazing how it just brings everything together and at any one time you can see exactly where you at. This mod has also prompted more members to make donation than we ever had before. I am still amazed how accurate the balance sheet is really great work by Snog

DanielB

Applications Owner
PayPal Balance Owner
I do have one question while I'm setting this up. Trying to be as accurate as possible so I have two $3 expensies on a monthly basis. One started yesterday and one started 3 days ago. I have input them with those starting dates, on a monthly basis, and to be included in the goal total.

They show in the total, however, they are not showing on the balance sheet. Do they not show up until the xenforo daily cron runs, or did I do something wrong?

Snog

Administrator
Validated XF Owner
If they started prior to today, they won't show until the next time they are due to be paid.

IE: The one that started on 3/22 will be deducted on 4/22 and show in the balance sheet then. The one that started yesterday will be deducted on 4/24 and show in the balance sheet.

The reason for that is, if you've entered your starting balance, those transactions from yesterday and 3 days ago are already accounted for at PayPal (already deducted from your balance there).

DanielB

Applications Owner
PayPal Balance Owner
These are new subscriptions though. I started them after inputting the initial balance, so I started and paid them, but that initial payment doesn't show. easy enough to add a one time only expense to fix it, but maybe there should be a checkbox to include the first payment when adding the recurring cost?

Snog

Administrator
Validated XF Owner
I think we might be getting slightly confused. Or I am. :)

If the two transactions, one from yesterday and one from 3 days ago, were done prior to entering your current PayPal balance, there's no need to deduct them again from the starting balance. That's why the instructions say to enter your CURRENT PayPal balance into the system as the starting balance.

IE:
3/21/2014 | Your PayPal balance was 206.00
3/22/2014 | Start monthly transaction 1 | subtract $3.00 from paypal | New Balance AT PAYPAL = 203.00
3/24/2014 | Start monthly transaction 2 | subtract $3.00 from paypal | New Balance AT PAYPAL = 200.00

3/25/2014 - You start using the PayPal Balance Donation System - Your starting balance would be $200.00.

If you deduct the two expenses already accounted for at PayPal, you would have an incorrect balance of $194.00 in the PayPal Balance/Donation System.

Snog

Administrator
Validated XF Owner
The reason I'm getting confused is because in one post you stated the transactions were 1 day and 3 days ago.

So, your Starting Balance should have already accounted for them when you got it from PayPal entered it into the system.

All future payments will be deducted on the anniversary date you entered for the expenses.

What you're trying to do is to start with an incorrect balance and backdating transactions. You can't do that with automatic expenses/income. You have to start with the correct balance and then sit back, relax and let the system take care of future expenses/income.

DanielB

Applications Owner
PayPal Balance Owner
When I put my starting balance in, I made it about 3 weeks ago.

So I input my starting balance - 4 Mar 2014
Then input two subscriptions, one for the 21st and one for the 24th
But the first payment for those subscriptions does not show on the balance sheet.

Snog

Administrator
Validated XF Owner
That IS the problem.

Edit your starting balance to what it is TODAY.

From the README.txt file..

All of your expenses you entered will be deducted when they are suppose to be deducted after today.

Otherwise, the only way to do it the way you're trying to do it is to enter One Time manual expenses.

DanielB

Applications Owner
PayPal Balance Owner
But if I backdate the starting balance to a different date, it doesn't make sense as to why it would act like that. The balance as of the 4th of march is correct. I need to start the balance from the 4th of march, not from today.

I guess it's just hardcoded to not take the first payment of a subscription if it's a date that has already past? That's ok, I'll just input those two payments as one time and call it a day :D

Snog

Administrator
Validated XF Owner
Don't get me wrong. I understand what you're doing, but I'm having a hard time figuring out why you have to do it that way.

If I can get a good understanding of why, then I can possibly do something in the code.

DanielB

Applications Owner
PayPal Balance Owner
You don't need to add anything to the code, it's just be being OCD really, I want to keep my simple book keeping in one place, and since I have transactions that date back to the 4th of March, I wanted to capture them all separately :).

Though I do have another question. Would it be possible to get a view only copy of the Balance sheet into the mod CP, and then add a viewing permission? I have some staff that I would like to be able to see the balance sheet, but not be able to edit it at all (and they don't have access to the Admin CP, only the Mod CP. (or is there already a way to do this that I completely overlooked)

DirtRider

Validated XF Owner
Applications Owner
Raffles Owner
TMDb Threads Owner
OSB Display Owner
PayPal Balance Owner
Custom Add-On Owner
Social Groups Owner
XF2 Groups Owner
XF2 Raffles Owner
XF2 OSB Owner
XF2 Movies Owner
XF2 TV Owner
XF 2 PayPal Owner
XF2 Games Owner
XF 2 Style Stats
XF 2 Music Owner
You could copy your balance sheet and place it into an XLM file and post. However you could also give those limited admin right so they can only see the balance sheet but then they would also be able to manage it unfortunately

Snog

Administrator
Validated XF Owner
Unless I'm really missing something, there is no ModCP in XF, only lesser admins or what most people call assistant admins. There's no special screen for Moderators in the back end.

So with that said I would need to know where you would want it displayed. And, it wouldn't be a quick addition to the code since I am rather busy moving some client's sites over to XF. Dirtrider knows what's involved with that. ;)

DanielB

Applications Owner
PayPal Balance Owner
At the moment I just copied a screenshot and posted that, but I'd like for it to be automatically available to them without having to manually do anything (which I'm finally manually doing it for now, just thought it would be a good addition eventually).

lol, you'll have to forgive me...I'm thinking of two different forum systems at the same time as I just switched back to Xenforo :).

Leaving it in the Admin CP would be fine, if a new permission that is only view access could be created to limit their ability to edit it?

Top Bottom