PayPal Balance/Donations for XenForo [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already feel like an idiot when I have to post things that may be common sense to others, but I purchased this add-on because I want to be able to make my income and expenses transparent for both other team members and for the members who donate. I figured out how to get "Donate" which shows up and "Donators" (which doesn't, I assume because there are none) but I am not sure how do I make my balance sheets available. I set the permissions for viewing them, but there is no widget to place anywhere that shows it and I did not see anywhere there was an option for a navigation bar or anything else to point to them....

What did I overlook? :)

Thanks!

You can only view the balance sheet in the ACP. so basically you would need to make all of your members a watered down admin so they could view that side of the ACP, not a good idea.

You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content

I want to :eek: .... the add-on is good (I am doing the fingers crossed thing that it works with my paid registrations add-on, but since that does not interfere with the core paypal integration I am hoping upgrades still show up when that front end is used) .... all of Snog's add-ons are good and he is probably one of the top five in effective, efficient support for their add-ons ... but if I could add up all the money I have put into XenForo add-ons that I ended up having to delete, remove, or that just didn't hit that last rung on the ladder I'd be able to cover server costs for a few years.

My take away from the overview was that part of what this add-on provided was the ability to give transparency to your users and/or team so that people could 'see' without a doubt what income and expenses were coming or going from your site. That is a HUGE perk to have when not only asking for donations for growth, but when we allocate a percentage of donations to community causes.

So, I guess I would ask at this stage, perhaps as a future update to allow a setting that would give a page that displays to whomever has the permission an actual "listing" of all incoming and outgoing monies (income/expenses) that would allow for such transparency.

In doing that I would suggest, even if Snog Snog would do it (( o_O <- that's the closet smilie I could find to please face)) that there is a tick setting to hide all or a portion of the donators user id as some people who donate or buy virtual items do not want anyone to know.

With that it is 2AM....I am going to go XF2 cry myself to sleep. I am happy that I was finally brave enough to upgrade, even with some add-ons not ready yet that my community expects..but it has been a challenge.

Thanks DirtRider DirtRider

C Chernabog I have been running this add on since day one and at one time thought it might be a good idea to also show the members the balance sheet. However when I actually asked them they said they don't need to know all that stuff, most of it would not mean anything to them anyway. All they needed to see was the monthly target and not even the early target.

I had the balance sheet open to some of my staff but even they were not interested in it at all.

Like you I have spent a good few $ on add ons that that just gone nowhere or has no or very little support. These days I mostly only run add ons from Snog as well, as you can see from my postbits I do have one or two of his add ons :D

As DirtRider said, it doesn't show your balance sheet on the front end. You would need to give some watered down admin privileges to users you want to be able to see that.

There are quite a few reasons it doesn't show to users, including such as here, where I use PayPal for many different things and it would reveal personal expenses and other income not related to the site.

I'll think about what you're asking for, but I do hesitate when making changes to this particular program because it is a financial system and any changes made must go through at least a month of testing here before I even think of releasing it. If something goes wrong with a change, it could be a catastrophe for sites.

So far as this goes, so am I. ;)

It really isn't designed to work with any other add-ons, but it might. If it does, the purchase would show as a donation in the balance sheet.

I guess in the big picture, you both are right. If anyone were that dead set on needing to "see" the actual balance sheet, I could snag a SS and toss it in somewhere - but, yea, I wasn't even thinking about the fact that many people are going to have a lot more activity than what they may want people seeing.

I am also starting believe that my intentions (the road to hell is paved with good ones) my be counter productive anyway as doing my 'gaming for the greater good' may be seen as nothing more than a snake trick to increase donations....so I will likely just remove that from the site and make it a private thing.

I am hoping too about the add-on for paid registrations and fancier account upgrades. If I were more savvy it is likely nothing more than just some nice CSS being done..but I do know it utilizes the core XF paypal... could always just donate myself some money lol.

Thanks guys....sometimes having some additional input and thoughts can help with the bigger picture and vision.

I would say ;) it may be cool if we could customize the visuals, have more visual options and/or perhaps name them for people who are viewing.

:: scratches public balance sheet off list... :: :D

Bug report for version: 2.0.1

Hi Snog,

Sorry to bother you before Easter but I've been getting a bunch of these errors in my error log, any idea what the issue is?

Cheers.

Full error trace:
Code:
You must validate your XenForo license to see code

Do you not have this option in Admin->Setup->Options->PayPal balance/donations???

daystart.png

That's interesting because that particular option is the first one in the options XML file for the add-on.

Try re-uploading all of the files for the add-on to your server, then go to Admin->Add-ons and locate the PayPal add-on. Then click on the dropdown for the add-on and select Rebuild.

EDIT: Looking closer at the screenshot, you are missing quite a few items in the options area. It's almost like you're running a very old version of the add-on, or somehow you've restored something in the database from a very old version.

You're also missing this section:

widgetlimit.png

EDIT 2: Looking at previous versions and the options available in them, it looks like you're running 2.0.0.1, not 2.0.1. Or at least have the options for that version, but somehow have the php code for 2.0.1.

Thanks. After reading this I ran the rebuild without re-uploading the files. The errors appear to have stopped and I now see the options above.

Awhile back I downloaded the archives for the 3 add-on's of yours that I own and uploaded them to my server assuming they would all have updates (as it had been some time since I had last updated) and I remember the update prompt was notably absent for the PayPal Donations add-on. I just thought at the time that it hadn't been updated (as it doesn't receive many updates), but I guess for some reason XF just didn't pick up on the file changes.

I'll re-upload the files now just in case there were any issues, I just wanted to see if my assumption was correct.

Yes it does.

The only thing in XF 2.1 that happens is the PP icon isn't shown properly in the admin area. But, I'm not going to do an update just for that. ;)

ppd.png

Thank you, what if I convince you to update this add-on with a feature request? :)

I'd like to display a widget where the top 3 donors are displayed (users who donated the most, by summing all the donations they did).

Do you think you could grant this wish to one of your loyal supporters?

Thank you.

Unfortunately the transactions are stored by this add-on in a manner that would make that unfeasible to do.

Snog Snog is this addon no longer available?

Wouldn't it be wiser to include free donations in the widget? Not all users donate to make upgrades. Also, they're sorted alphabetically in the widget, while it should be sorted by donation time in my opinion.

I don't know what you mean by "free donations". If you mean an amount entered by the user, there is no such thing in the XenForo upgrade system which is what this add-on uses.

If you mean the donator list, you are free to change it. But alphabetical would be the "normal" way to list users. And it's up to Ozzy if he wants to change it for everyone.

I doubt I would be looking to change it at this point, but I won’t rule it out either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back