PayPal Balance/Donations for XenForo [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the problem by trying to access the file on your site.

You have the file in..
Code:
You must validate your XenForo license to see code

It should be in..
Code:
You must validate your XenForo license to see code

Move the folder & files to your forums folder.

Whenever you upload files for an add-on, unless instructed otherwise, all of the files have to go in the same folder as your forum.

You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content
It's definitely in there. I have 6 images in there because I have red/green.old as well.

I check the permissions/ownership on both donate.png and paypal.png, both are correct.

I also tried unchecking the "use small button" option but the larger image didn't work either...

Edit: thanks Snog Snog I'll check that out.

dehness dehness after looking closer at your site, it appears you have some odd redirections or something going on.

I've uploaded patch 2 of the donation system to the download server. It changes the way the image is obtained. Download and install the new patch and let me know if it works for you.

Ahh I see what the problem is... all files are contained in the root folder, but I have the index page defined as something else, which automatically places the forums at /forums/. I tried adding a /forums/ folder and moving styles/snogdonations folder there, but that folder then overwrites the url when navigating to URL/forums/. Is there any other way to define where the images are stored, perhaps in extra.less?

Edit: Just saw your latest post. Cheers.

Snog Snog Hi mate, is it possible to change the rollover date for the donation target each month?

For example, we use the donations app to fund the server bill which is due on the 10th of each month.

Is it possible to set it so the target resets on the 10th instead of the 1st?

I've been playing with all the date settings and I think I'm slightly retarded because I haven't been able to figure it out... Surely it's possible, no?

EDIT: Sorry, no there isn't.

I will take another look at that in the near future. But this isn't something that might happen quickly. It will need to be tested over a couple of months if it is changed/added.

I would be happy to help test it if you're looking for testers. :)

I'm already running tests with the roll over tied to the fiscal year. That is the date where the roll over being tied to it makes the most sense because if your fiscal year starts on say the 10th, then your months could start on the 10th to follow that pattern. However, this is still a departure from normal fiscal years.

Any other change wouldn't be something supported simply because it's a matter of semantics and not a matter of accounting. And could throw the rest of the system out of whack.

Most people, including those running on a fiscal year due to legal requirements, would still normally use the 1st of the month for budgetary purposes. Simply meaning if you haven't reached your goal by the first of the month, you haven't reached your goal to pay the bills for that month. (ie: if by the end of March you haven't reached your goal, you don't have the cash to pay the bills for April)

Hi Snog Snog,

Regarding the donators widget:

Do you have any idea how would I go about displaying users by their username instead of their avatar?

I display the widget on forum_list and with the number of animated gifs people have it seems to lag slower browsers.

Cheers.

Sorry, the system is not set up to display just a list of names at all.

I'll put this on the wish list for the add-on.

Donor list is getting long. Hopefully next release will add a new setting in order to define how many users to display (preferably by donation time, and not by alphabetical order).

I just ran some tests and what I expected did happen...

Ordering by donation start date causes the query to do a 'USING TEMPORARY - USING FILESORT' in MySql. This is because of how MySql handles sorts with joined tables, and there's nothing that can be done about it.

For performance reasons, if I limit the number of users displayed in the widget they will most likely still be sorted by user name.

Can I send custom Thank You messages after a user donates to the site depending on the account upgrade he donated for?

I know your add-on provides this functionality already, thru these 2 phrases:

snog_donations_pc_title
snog_donations_pc_message

this is why I asked.

Those are for the generic thank you message.

You asked if you could send custom pc based on which upgrade the user purchased.

That is not part of this add-on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back