[OzzModz] Private Threads for XenForo

[OzzModz] Private Threads for XenForo [Paid] 2.0.6

No permission to buy ($25.00)
A word of warning about upgrading from the XenForo 1.x version of this add-on (Thread level permissions).

BEFORE upgrading to XenForo 2, place your existing private threads into moderation by disabling the XenForo 1.x version of the add-on. If you don't do this, all of your XenForo 1.x version private threads will be visible to all members in XenForo 2 until you upgrade to this version of the add-on. When you upgrade to this version, any existing private threads will remain private and be taken out of moderation during the upgrade process.

Hello there...

Would you consider giving us the option to allow Moderators to see private threads?

Thanks, Snog!

You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content
The whole idea behind this add-on is so people can discuss whatever they like without anyone that shouldn't be able to view the thread viewing it.

Imagine if moderators were able to view a thread where the people in the thread were talking about them.

I don't see this being added.

Well, I understand that. But why not offer the flexibilty to forum owners to decide whether their Mods should see private threads, or not? In our forum, we'd love it. Others might not. The choice would be nice.

I have a problem. First time new Installation 2.0.1.
If I try to "Add/remove members from thread", I receive the following error:

Code:
You must validate your XenForo license to see code

Code:
You must validate your XenForo license to see code

Thank you for the report.

I've placed a patch on the download server that should fix the problem.

Download the add-on again, upload the files to your server and upgrade to the patched version.

I've logged into my account, verified XF token, and would like to download the "Private Thread" add-on
Update for XF2 but don't see download button (purchased XF1 version on Monday, May 22, 2017).

I do see the purchase button, however.

Thank you!

Terence

Wow. I purchased only 10 months ago so am surprised to hear there's no upgrade price.

Your new XF2 forum looks great, BTW.

Actually there was special pricing offered from it's release through February. You missed it by about 2 months.

All of my add-ons had special upgrade pricing for at least 90 days following their release.

I received no email about that.

Like most admins running XF1, it's taken until now to feel comfortable with the upgrade to XF2. Naturally, I'm going
Through the list of add-ons prior to upgrade only just now.

Just honest feedback, no complaints.

Thank you for your quick response.

When I change a thread from public to private, or from private to public, in the title of the thread, the blank spaces are eliminated. For example:

"Title of the thread" -----> "Titleofthethread"

Thanks for the update.

I would like to propose an idea: to make a bridge between the add-on "Prefix Actions" and "Private Threads", so that when applying a certain prefix the thread becomes private. For example a prefix called "+prv".

01-png.2372

Fifth option: -Make the thread private.

One more idea: make the threads marked as private with the prefix +prv are accessible only to users with more than x days old and more than 100 messages posted.

Thank you, they are just ideas, don't listen to me too much.

The two add-ons aren't intertwined. So, to have the option to make them private wouldn't work for everyone. Beside that, you have to invite people to a private thread, so just making it private wouldn't accomplish that portion of this add-on.

The private thread add-on isn't used for groups of people as you're suggesting. It is used with specific users. There are no plans to change that.

Ah, well, it would be a different complement that would make a private thread when applying a prefix, for a certain group of users.

I'm waiting for some developer to design a complement like that. Maybe it exists and I have not seen it, it has happened to me with the complement "Social Groups", because I had been waiting for something like that, and it already existed without me knowing it.

Back