[OzzModz] Private Threads for XenForo

[OzzModz] Private Threads for XenForo [Paid] 2.0.6

No permission to buy ($25.00)
Eventually i had uninstalled this addon since it cause lots of queries and logged in slow log that ended up with few downtimes. I noticed latest release fixed these queries but it doesn't help much.

Is it possible to add the opportunity to set prviate threads to a user group instead of certain users? In my case I need private threads for registered users, so guests should not see them, but all other users that are logged in.

The private thread add-on isn't used for groups of people as you're suggesting. It is used with specific users. There are no plans to change that at this time.

I have already existing public threads, I would like to make them private for certain users but I can't find the option, can you guide me?

Is there a way to force private thread instead of making it a choice? Also is there a way to make a default participant depending on the forum it posts in?

I like this addon, and so do my forummembers. I run a private forum and we don't want the admin to be able to read the private messages by default, so I was hoping that there is a way I can add in a usergroup permission field to allow blocking of threads that are marked as private to the admin also?

Hello,
I have purchased private threads but I cannot see how to make it work. I am running the latest version of XF.
Also can I enable private thread posting to specific usergroups?

Phil

Can this be used within the Social Groups addon?

Hi Ozzy47 ozzy47
Using this within the Social Groups add on, however doesn't seem to give the option to add/delete members after the thread has been created? Do you think this would be possible?

I'm guessing it will be a case of adding the add/remove members from the more options drop down box.

Hi Ozzy47 ozzy47 ,
Just wondered whether you've had a chance to look at this at all.
Thanks
Dave

Back