• Like XenForo 1.x itself, add-ons for XF 1.x are in support mode. This means that they will receive bug fixes until May 31st, 2019 and security updates only until December 31st, 2019. They are feature locked and no new features will be added. As of December 31, 2019 they will be End of Life and no further updates will be given after that date.
Raffles for XenForo 1.x

Raffles for XenForo 1.x [Paid] 1.1.8

In support mode only
No longer available for purchase

Snog

Administrator
Validated XF Owner
I'll be starting new raffles from time to time just to show that the system is working with XenForo.

Enter and see if you win! :D

DirtRider

Validated XF Owner
Applications Owner
Raffles Owner
TMDb Threads Owner
OSB Display Owner
PayPal Balance Owner
Custom Add-On Owner
Social Groups Owner
XF2 Groups Owner
XF2 Raffles Owner
XF2 OSB Owner
XF2 Movies Owner
XF2 TV Owner
XF 2 PayPal Owner
XF2 Games Owner
XF 2 Style Stats
XF 2 Music Owner
I entered and should have a good chance of winning this one :D

DirtRider

Validated XF Owner
Applications Owner
Raffles Owner
TMDb Threads Owner
OSB Display Owner
PayPal Balance Owner
Custom Add-On Owner
Social Groups Owner
XF2 Groups Owner
XF2 Raffles Owner
XF2 OSB Owner
XF2 Movies Owner
XF2 TV Owner
XF 2 PayPal Owner
XF2 Games Owner
XF 2 Style Stats
XF 2 Music Owner
Possibly the best chance I ever had at winning nothing and I will still come second :D

Isabella

Applications Owner
Raffles Owner
Hello, I was actually looking to implement a feature like this using some sort of Points + Shop system. I got a Raffle just to see how it works but I have a lot of questions before I'd be willing to drop $40 on this.

1. When a user "buys" a raffle, are they shown the number of the Raffle? I got mine but there's no where that I can find the raffle I got or the number of my ticket.
  2. If you use a system such as xFPoints or the [BD]Banking one you mentioned, is there a way for you to state the cost of points and then automatically deduct those points when a user gets a raffle ticket?
  3. Is there a way detect and stop multiple accounts from getting a Raffle? I wouldn't want users creating numerous accounts just to get a Raffle ticket for a better chance to win.
  4. When you set the Raffle to end on X day at X hour, do you have to create the Cron Job for that or does it happen automatically?
    -When it does end and displays the winning number, will it auto PM the winner or Auto start the thread for who won. Will it auto inform the Admin (or the raffle creator) that the Raffle has ended and X user won?
  5. When the raffle ends and you're using the Sidebar display, will the Sidebar display automatically turn off or will it stay on "0 time remaining"?
    -Does the Sidebar interfere with [BD]Widget Framework?
  6. Can you create an Automatic Reoccurring Raffle? If I want to start a Raffle at the beginning of the month and end it at the end of the month for each month until further notice, can I do that?
  7. Can Raffle creators see who has "bought" into a Raffle?
  8. Is there a way to auto award a raffle winner with a medal from [BD]Medals? Or a way to auto award a Medal for the time the user has a ticket?
    -I'd like to display a "raffle icon" using the Medals Add-on to people that bought a raffle and then have it removed once the raffle ends.
  9. Does this support actual purchase of Raffles through PayPal or some other source?
I think you should run this raffle for a 50% discount on the add-on to whomever wins!

Snog

Administrator
Validated XF Owner
You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content
1) There is no 'Ticket Number' per say. Ticket numbers would be the record number for the entry. There is an option in the raffle system to display the record number as a 'Ticket Number' after the raffle is drawn. But there's no need for a member to know the number since it's not used for anything. When a member wins, their name is displayed as the winner. Not a number.

2) Yes, just about any point system can be used for a cost of each entry.

3) That would be a function of XenForo (or an add-on) itself. Multiple account creation is not something the Raffle system prevents.

4) There is already a Cron that runs every 5 minutes built into the Raffle system. Both a new thread and a PM can be automatically created when someone wins a raffle. There is no direct notification to the admin unless the admin is set as the sender of the private message. Then a copy of the PM will be in their conversations.

5) When the ENTRY period ends, the sidebar display turns off automatically the next time the screen is refreshed.

6) No, each raffle must be created individually. But, you can create multiple identical raffles with different Start, Entry Period and Draw dates/times. So each one will start the way you want.

7) Yes, there is a display in the admin area for that.

8) No.

9) Not directly, but there is a mod out there for bdBank that allows members to purchase points which can then in turn be used to purchase entries in the raffle. Or you can use the XenForo subscription system to assign members to a usergroup and just allow that usergroup to enter a raffle. But use caution when using PayPal, in many areas it is a violation of PayPal rules to use PayPal to directly purchase entries for a raffle.

A raffle for the raffle system. Interesting idea. I'll take it into consideration.

Cees50

Applications Owner
Just a post to win the price :)

And a question..

I have BD ban on my site. If a user "buy's" a ticket or more, is there a possibility were he can see if he got a icket, and if so the amount of ticktes he "bought"

After the draw, is nice but many are willing to see what they have "bought"

Snog

Administrator
Validated XF Owner
OK, let's see if this makes sense.

I'll use the raffle running here as an example.

If you look at the screenshot that has the dark style (this site), you'll see it says 'You already have the maximum entries allowed by this raffle' AND at the bottom it tells you how many entries are permitted for each user. So, that would tell the member he has purchased 1 entry for this raffle.

If you look at the screenshot that has the light style (my dev server), you'll see it says 'You have entered this raffle 2 times'.

Once the raffle has ended, there is really no sense in people being able to access how many entries they purchased. Think about it. You're at a huge gathering of some sort and you purchase two entries to a raffle. After the raffle is drawn and you don't win, do you keep the entries? No, most people either toss them in the trash or drop them on the ground.

maxentries.jpgmultenties.jpg

Snog

Administrator
Validated XF Owner
I would also like people to get away from the 'Ticket' reference. Technically there is no 'Ticket' issued. Any number issued is artificial and not relevant or even needed. It only exists because people insist on some sort of ticket number.

Think about it more as entries where your name is put into a big drum and someone picks the name of the winner out of the drum. Except in the case of the raffle system, the pick is automated and completely random.

Cees50

Applications Owner
Ahhh didnt see that ...

I dont wanna see that they have at the end x entry's. Then my explanation wasnt good :)

Is it an option that a user gets a pm that he "bought" one two or three entry's for a raffle on the moment he did the entry's? .

I think its a nice add on for my forum...

Snog

Administrator
Validated XF Owner
There is no option for notification after entering.

Isn't it a little redundant to send a PM that they entered when they have to actively click a button to do it?

That would be like sending a PM every time they post a message saying they posted a message. :D

raymond

Raffles Owner
OSB Display Owner
I noticed that the "Announce New Raffles in Thread" is in options and not per raffle.
Is it possible to make it per raffle so we can customize the message for individual raffles?

rcm

Visiting Admin
Our sub-forum where the raffle winners are posted by the add-on has been setup to require a prefix but with no default forced.
When the raffle finishes, 2 identical threads are created in the sub-forum and both don't have any prefix. Is there are way to force Raffles to post using a prefix and also stop it creating 2 threads?

Snog

Administrator
Validated XF Owner
You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content
I have yet to see double posts for a single raffle. Could you send me all of the settings for your raffle system and all of the settings for the particular raffle that double posted?

So far as the prefix goes, that would have to be added to the system. It's not something that can be changed without editing the code.

And I really hate to ask, but could you also send me the email address used to purchase the raffle system via PM? I can't seem to match you to an owner.

Last edited:

fevredsuk

Raffles Owner
TMDb Threads Owner
Statistics Owner
Custom Add-On Owner
TV Threads Owner
more credit systems

brivium credits = credits
xfpoints = xfpoints_currency

fevredsuk

Raffles Owner
TMDb Threads Owner
Statistics Owner
Custom Add-On Owner
TV Threads Owner
yeah I just thought maybe you wanted to add them to the list. some guy was asking in brivium credits thread if the credits system could be used with raffles

Top Bottom