[OzzModz] Raffles for XenForo

[OzzModz] Raffles for XenForo [Paid] 2.0.15

No permission to buy ($39.00)
You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content
The 'Full' style used to display the widget above and below forums does not. But there is a center value in raffles.css for a raffle_cell

The other style used to show it in the sidebar uses a <center> tag.

Hi Snog
Great addon so far - couple of suggestions if I can ?
- ability to define prefix when creating new announcement thread
- ability to upload images to new announcement thread content
- ability to upload images to raffle description

And also, I have a Premium Member usergroup who I like to have giveaways for without having them enter - is there a way to automatically enter all users in a usergroup into the raffle ?

Thanks for your effort - this is going to assist me no end with forgetting to do draws :D

I have an issue with this add-on. No matter what settings I create, no matter how I reset permissions, no matter how I set up my raffle I get this message when viewing a raffle and I cannot enter it.

I've tried numerous settings, changes and nothing works. I must be missing something somewhere or there is a serious issue somewhere.

If you're getting that message, then you don't meet the criteria you have set for the raffle or you don't have any criteria at all set for the raffle.

The result of the criteria is returned by XenForo itself, so it's something known to work and is a simple Yes/No from XenForo. So, XenForo is saying "No" to the criteria you have set for the user you are testing with.

To test that, create a new raffle and under the "Users allowed" tab only set "User is a member of any of the selected user groups" to "Registered". You should be able to access that raffle IF you're a member of the registered user group (you should be since everyone should be in that user group)

Where can I translate the text of the "ENTER RAFFLE" button to another language?

Ahhh, a bug!

It's hard coded in the snog_raffles_view template.

That will be corrected in the next release, probably on Monday.

The limits is buggy for me.. Or did I misunderstand?

I have the following limits setting:
Maximum user entries - 0
Entries in time period - 1
User group entry limits:
Legendary Premium Member - 3
Premium Member - 2
Normal Member - 1

However, normal members are showing up with 2-3 entries, legendary with 4 etc.. What did I do wrong? I want normal users to have 1 entry max, premium get 2, legendary get 3. That's it.

Getting some strange errors on the Raffles out of nowhere.

First Error:

Code:
You must validate your XenForo license to see code

Second Error:

Code:
You must validate your XenForo license to see code

Thanks

The problem is the user you have set to send the winner a PC is being selected as a winner of the raffle in the admin's manual draw. That is triggering the error "You cannot start a conversation with yourself". It can't happen in the automated draw, but can in the admin's manual draw.

I'll fix that in the next release.

Temporarily, you can fix that in one of two ways...
1) Create a user with a name something like "Raffle System" and use that user to send the PC.
2) Remove any entries to the raffle for the Winner PC sender and re-draw.

I'll look into it when I get a chance. But, I don't know that it will happen. I didn't do anything with the other installers for XF1, so I see no real reason to do it for XF2.

EDIT: I just looked at it and it's totally incompatible with the system I use here. Licenses are checked here each time the add-on is downloaded and the user must be logged in to download. Any other method would be bypassing my security methods and record keeping related to PayPal and other areas. Beside all of that, when you download a premium add-on here it may appear that it's coming from the resource manager, but in reality it isn't. So, their interface to the resource manager to download the add-on wouldn't work here.

Hi Snog Snog and everyone; maybe someone can help me? I want to separate the public from seeing the staff raffles. For example I may want to offer a raffle to my moderators or other team members as incentives for their volunteer work on my site, but that should not be something that standard members see.

I was playing with selecting user groups and other allocations for the raffle, but it seems to only modify the allowed entry versus that of who can see the raffle to begin with.

Is the functionality there and I am just not utilizing it properly to my end? Or is it not and if not, Snog would you please consider adding this functionality into an forthcoming update (if there is a forthcoming update) or providing me a quote to add it (if you would be willing to allocate some time to do that). I would be willing to commission that functionality as an update, public, update for current and future Raffles owners.

Thank you so much!

If you don't have any "public" raffles running, the easy way would be to remove the "Can view raffles" permission from your public user groups (usually removing it from the registered user group would be sufficient). And allowing your staff to view raffles.

While there are no plans to add something like this due to wanting to keep raffles as transparent as possible, I will put it on the wish list for possible inclusion some time in the future. But that does not mean it would be included in the near future.

EDIT: I decided to include this in the next release, which will most likely be early next week.

Snog, thank you so much for making this a part of the next forthcoming update to Raffles. You have made my day.... cannot thank you enough.

Back