[OzzModz] Raffles for XenForo

[OzzModz] Raffles for XenForo [Paid] 2.0.15

No permission to buy ($39.00)
Any discount for owners of 1.x versions?

You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content
Not any more. There was a discount for 1.x owners from the initial release until Dec. 31st of last year. It is no longer available at a discounted price.

Perfect upgrade! Thank you.

Is there a best practice for the raffles rules/conditions/terms? For example, mine are VERY long - as most legal mumbo jumbo is and that is what people see immediately after the raffle description, but before they ever manage to scroll down to actually view entry requirements and/or enter. Just wondering (totally a food for thought or land where it may idea) that if perhaps agreeing to them before entering - rather than having them show up prior to entering would be more visually appealing? Kind of like most things where to enter you have to scroll through the popped up rules and then agree to them....

Just a thought as it was mentioned to me that it was a long scroll to the bottom :) Hope all is well! Enjoy your coming trip.

Actually the rules are suppose to be in a scrollable box like this:
rules.png

But I neglected to port that over when the add-on was updated for XF2. It will be in the next release.

Oh that looks VERY nice.. thank you, look forward to seeing that in the next release. :)

Just purchased and installed the Raffle mod, and having a couple of issues.

I am having a "no-permissions" error when trying to access a raffle. I've tried creating a second test raffle as directed above, and setting the user group to "registered", and can't get it to work. I've tried a dozen different settings, trying everything I can think of, but still, no permission to access. I want to limit the raffle to one user group, but can't seem to get it to work for any user group.

Also, whenever I save the raffle settings, the dates for the start and stop change themselves to dates and times that differ from what I had saved. I change them back, hit save, and go back into the raffle settings to find them changed again.

Any help appreciated, Thanks,
Pete

If you're getting a no permission error, then your user group (the user that's trying to view the raffle) does not have permission to view raffles. Make sure they are set for the user's user group:

raffleperms.png

If you have this box checked on the "Users allowed" tab:

rafflehide.png

Make sure the user trying to view the raffle is in the user group you allow below. If they don't belong to that user group, they will get a no permission error...

To limit the user's allowed to one user group, select the user group on the 'Users allowed" tab:

raffleuser.png

So far as the dates changing, I can't duplicate that. Could you supply the exact settings you're trying to use so I can try them?

EDIT: If the time is changing for you, it could be that your time zone (or the time zone you're thinking the date/time is for) is different than the guest time zone for XenForo itself...

guesttime.png

Be sure you're setting the date/time according to the Guest time zone for XenForo itself. Most site owners set the Guest time zone for XenForo itself to their own time zone.

I've added this note to the next release about time zones:

newnote.png

Thanks for your help, I didn't realize that there were permissions that needed to be set for the mod in the user groups as well as the settings in the mod. I also changed the time zone settings, and everything seems to be working fine now.
Thanks again,
Pete

Hi Snog Snog I forgot to ask two things:

1. In a 'free' or no entry fee raffle .. does each entry count as another factored chance in winning the raffle? So person A enters it once a day for 20 days effectively has 20 entries or chances above person B who only entered it once? I figured this is how it works, but I don't want to assume.
  2. Do you have any proposed estimated delivery date for the next update of raffles that will put the raffle rules/terms into the nice scroll box?

Thank you good sir! :)

1) Yes - This is obvious. If a person enters 20 times and one other person enters 1 time for a total of 21 entries, then the odds are in favor of the person with 20 entries winning. It's not guaranteed because the draw is completely random, but the odds are in their favor.

But, if one person enters 20 times and 1000 people enter once for a total of 1020 entries, the odds are the person with 20 entries won't win for the same reasons as above. Again, not guaranteed but the odds are against them.

2) No - but it is installed here and this is what it looks like:
https://snogssite.com/raffle/1/view

Yea I figured that was how you would have built out the add-on, but I did not want to say to the person asking and for any reason come back being incorrect.

Yes it looks really nice confined within a scroll-able text boxed... you mentioned it above when I asked because of my long, legal, text...

Well whenever you manage it, it will certainly be a welcomed update. Thank you Snog and I hope you had a good few days away.

Snog Snog I hope you had a nice relaxing Holiday and a great New Years so far. I just wanted to do a pulse check and see if there was any update or idea on when the above may be pushed out? It's just been a real turn off to our users, because our required legal data is so long for the raffles.... so having it in the scrolling window would make a huge difference.

Thanks for the insight and help!

Quite simply, I'm waiting for the next Beta release of XF 2.1. Once that's out and everything is working there, then it will be released.

I've decided not to wait for the next XF 2.1 release and I'll release the next version shortly.

You're awesome. Thank's Snog.

Hey just an "idea" to toss out there.... I made a group called "Raffle Winner," so that winners from raffles can have a special banner for a bit. I thought it may be neat if raffles could be incorporated into the user group promotions feature so that XF would automatically assign the promotion when/if someone won a raffle? Don't know how complex that is or if anyone would even like it, but I thought I'd just toss it out there.

Thanks!

Back