Red Dawn

4.00 star(s)
4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Red Dawn

Tagline: Welcome To the Home of the Brave

Genre: War, Action, Thriller, Science Fiction

Director: Dan Bradley

Cast: Chris Hemsworth, Josh Hutcherson, Isabel Lucas, Adrianne Palicki, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Edwin Hodge, Michael Beach, Connor Cruise, Alyssa Diaz, Matt Gerald, Josh Peck, Brett Cullen, Julian Alcaraz, Will Yun Lee, Fernando Chien, Kenneth Choi, Michael A. Knight, Steve Lenz, Noah Smith, Lucas Kerr, Linda Boston, Nicholas Yu, Spencer Strong Smith, Rusty Mewha, Brian D. Thibault, Mark Schlereth, Dan Lewis, Choua Kue, Sam Looc, Zachary Schafer, Steven Chan, Dwight Sora, Cindy Chu, Matthew Yang King, Boyuen, Arnold Agee, Mike Ancrile, Vincent Rogo Angelini, Michael Babbish, Barb Baker, Bernadette Balagtas, J. B. Blanc, Richard 'Rick' Bobier, Ewan Bourne, Ron Causey , Jake Chasse, John P. Chittick , Kenny Clark, Will Clarke, Kelly Dettmer, David Scott Diaz, P.J. Edwards, Jacquelyn Evola, Jacqueline Forton, Steven Hauptman, Robert Herrick, Kelly Jennings, Demi Kazanis, Giles Key, Dave Kilgore, Ellen Kimmel, Doug Kolbicz, Chris Kotcher, Robert Laenen, Chameria Law, David Law, Diane M. Leach, Lawrence W. Leach, Jason W. Lee, Vong Lee, Bill Lumbert , Melissa Marra, Samuel Meadows, Ralph H. Meyer, Misty Mills, Tiffany Osborne, Stephen Oyoung, Ho-Sung Pak, Courtney Parkinson, Jason Polly, James Polony, Ralph A. Recchia , David Rembiesa, Simon Rhee, J.J. Rian, Mark Rothman, Daryl M. Simpson, Tiffany Stone, Johnny Truong, Eric Tuchelske, Brett VanDunk, Johnathon VanDusen, Lee Vang, Amanda Wright, Li Xing, Gowhnou Yang, Albert Yao, Ron Yuan

Release: 2012-11-21

Runtime: 93

Plot: A city in Washington state awakens to the surreal sight of foreign paratroopers dropping from the sky - shockingly, the U.S. has been invaded and their hometown is the initial target. Quickly and without warning, the citizens find themselves prisoners and their town under enemy occupation. Determined to fight back, a group of young patriots seek refuge in the surrounding woods, training and reorganizing themselves into a guerrilla group of fighters. Taking inspiration from their high school mascot, they call themselves the Wolverines, banding together to protect one another, liberate their town from its captors, and take back their freedom.

Where to watch

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database
I enjoyed this one loads of action, worth watching

I've been afraid to watch it since I think it's a re-make of a 1980's movie by the same name.

Yes it does look like a remake of that one but never having seen the 1980's one I could not make any comparison good or bad. If you have seen the earlier version it would be interesting to hear your take on both of them. At times a remake can be a bit weak in comparison to the original version.

I just watched it again and still enjoyed it :D

Back