[OzzModz] Social Groups

[OzzModz] Social Groups [Paid] 2.1.33 Patch Level 6

No permission to buy ($49.00)
Hello Snog Snog !

I've a question for you; I've just purchased and installed Social Groups and I can't seem to get my newly created group to accept an image for the group picture.

The image has a little x on it:
hobbes image1.png

If I click into the group itself:
hobbes image2.png

I've gone into Owner Tools and uploaded multiple image sizes/types and after it uploads, it's still just an x in the box.

Is there a permission I'm missing maybe?

Attachments

Are there any errors in the admin area? If yes, post the full error trace here.

If no, I can only suggest that you check the permissions for the XF data folder on your site. That is where the group banners are stored..

data/groups/GroupBanners

You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content

Server log is clear, nothing generated (brand new, fresh install of Xen.)

I can access the Groups folder via FTP and see the files in there, so the folder's created (with contents inside.)

Group Media works just fine (I've got the latest XF Media Gallery installed,) it uploaded the picture and created the album without a problem.

Group Photos is doing the same thing the banner upload is doing; it allows me to upload a file but it's not loading it to display.

Hmm... would it be possible for you to send me a temporary admin username and password by PC for your site so I can take a look at it?

EDIT: I have to ask for access because this isn't something I can duplicate, and nobody else has reported anything like this. So, it's easier and faster for me to look at what's happening than to ask a hundred questions.

A super admin account on the forum? Give me a bit to get it setup and I'll send you a message with details!

For everyone's benefit, the problem was an HTTPS url in the site's Board url when HTTPS wasn't able to be used.

Just wanted to update on here for other users reading; the issue I was having was 100% on my end; some settings I input were not correct in our panel, causing the add-on to not function correctly. Snog helped me sort the issues out and now things are working just like they should. Very cool add-on, I'm absolutely loving this so far!

Snog Snog , thank you for being so prompt and courteous in helping me find the solution! Definitely a cut above the rest when it comes to customer service, very impressed.

I like this concept. I really hope this works how I want :p If it does thanks for the great addon

Hi, where can I find the notification / alert settings, like in XF1.5?

qm97XH3.png

I only see the e-mail option for new discusions.

Do you know when it'll be added? My users would like to be notified with the bell when there are new answers in group discussions and so on.

We are still getting error messages on our site with this add-on:

Code:
You must validate your XenForo license to see code

Any help would be great.

The problem is with EWRPorta (XenPorta)...

"canLike" is no longer available in XF2.1 (it's now canReact) and EWRPorta is calling it ("canLike") in their template. The only reason the groups add-on is shown in the error is because it is the last add-on to extend the post system.

To be exact about it, canLike is being called in the EWRporta_article_macros template where shown below (in 2 places)...
HTML:
You must validate your XenForo license to see code
This is a known problem with XenPorta that was first reported in January of this year. Evidently it still hasn't been fixed OR you're running an old version of XenPorta.

Back