[OzzModz] Social Groups

[OzzModz] Social Groups [Paid] 2.1.33 Patch Level 6

No permission to buy ($49.00)
You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content

Thanks Snog Snog ,
I shall float the idea on my site, and if it gets the thumbs up, make the purchase .

One more quick questions, do adsense ad's show in these group areas?

If they are normal XF advertisements, yes.

The Container content: Above/Below will display on all group pages.

All forum and thread positions should also show.

If the advertisements are dependent on a robot of some sort being able to read the thread contents, then no. As a guest, a robot would not have access to read any posts.

Is it possible to have more then one group owner per group?

Juat having a play around and a test - Is there a way to remove the "Public Events" from the Groups dropdown on the navbar at all?

Can I also ask whatthe difference is between forums and discussions please?

Also one other thing, when a user goes to create a group, they have to select a category. However the default option is none. How do I remove that so they have to select one of the others from the drop down?

group.png

Admin->Setup->Public navigation->Groups. Disable the Public events selection.

Forums are actual, full XF forums. Discussions are similar to giant private conversations that all members can view and have limited functionality when creating/replying to them. IE: You can't upload attachments to a discussion.
"None" is there for a reason.

What you want to do would cause a default to the category that is first alphabetically which may not be correct and not wanted. Having the "None" selection actually forces the user to select a category.

Many thanks for your reply. Just tested and realised if you leave it set at 'None' It won't let you create a group. That's perfect :D

Thanks again, fantastic add-on!

Almost all set up now!
Is it possible to remove the "Event is public event" option when adding a new event?

event.png

I've tried having a play around regarding prefixes for group threads- Are these possible?

You would have to edit the snog_groups_actions template and remove it from the "addevent" action.
Yes, just select the group forum you want to use the prefix in when creating prefixes.

Anything you can do in regular XF forums/threads should work in the group forum.

Before I get my dev to actually dig into the code, is there any way to easily assign prefix permissions on group creation that I'm missing? We have a few prefixes that we want to allow use of site-wide (including in groups) without manually having to add them to every new group made since users can do that without administrative permission.

Brillaint thank you. I removed
Code:
You must validate your XenForo license to see code
and it worked a treat.

Regarding prefixes, Can I double check something.
In Nodes I created the following:

Airport City Groups (category)
- Alliance (sub-category)
- General (sub-category)
- Space (sub-category)
- Trading (sub-category)

Should I have created the sub-categories as forums instead? As a sub-category I can't set it to allow prefixes, as it only allows me to add prefixes to forums.

Thanks again

Dave

Bug report for version: 2.1.26

I seem to have stumbled across my first issue with another add-on I use. https://www.xf2addons.com/resources/welcome-thread.121/
With Social Groups enabled, the welcome thread add-on seems to get stuck in a loop and creates a new welcome thread every 10 minutes for someone that signed up a week ago. It also adds an error in the server .

It also fails to produce a new thread for users that have just signed up. This morning I disabed this add-on and the errors stopped and it did add a welcome thread for everyone that signed up yesterday.

I advised AndyB and he was his usual self in his response. I believe I had a conflict with one of his add-ons and Private Threads on XF1, however can't find the thread on here for it. His reply was:

I thought I would run this past you incase you had any idea what might be causing the conflict. Failing that, as AndyB has washed his hands of it, I shall have to uninstall his add-on and keep using the Social Groups. If that's the case, fancy making a welcome thread add on to sell in your store? Unfortunatley his is the only one for XF2!

Full error trace:
Code:
You must validate your XenForo license to see code

This wouldn't be a small task. You would need to have a list of usable prefixes (prefix_id's) and add them to the xf_forum_prefix table after each group forum is created in the groupSaveProcess and actionSaveForum (for sub-forums) routines for the group system.

Then you would also need to remove them from that table when a group or forum is deleted.
The categories are fine. And that is the correct way to create them.

You need to manually add the prefixes to each new group forum when the forum is created.
Andy's comment is unfounded. This add-on does not modify any core XF code, it does not overwrite any classes and it does properly extend the classes.

The only way Ozzy47 Ozzy47 could trace this is if you send him the WelcomeThread add-on.

The stack trace only mentions the Welcome Thread add-on.
The server error logs and repeated welcome threads started yesterday after I installed Social Groups.
This morning I disabled Social Groups to test, and the errors stopped and new welcome threads were created for everyone that signed up yesterday.

Just seems there is some kind of conflict between the two add-ons.

Attachments

Thanks Snog Snog

Regarding the prefixes, thanks for that, I was wondering if that was the way to do it.

Regarding this conflict, I thought as much! Seems like dejavu for previously! Ozzy47 Ozzy47 , - Just seen your reply above :)

Back