[OzzModz] Social Groups

[OzzModz] Social Groups [Paid] 2.1.33 Patch Level 6

No permission to buy ($49.00)
Really like this mod, just having one problem

How do you delete Social Groups ?

I tried deleting the NODE in xenforo admin, but I get the following error and I can't find an option to delete the forum from the social group.

The forum you want to delete is a Social Group forum.
You must delete the forum from the Social Group it belongs to using group owner tools.

You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content

Ignore my previous post, I have worked out that you can delete them if you are an admin

Bug report for version: 2.1.15

There is an error after "Search members" submit.

Full error trace:
Code:
You must validate your XenForo license to see code

ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to get property 'restricted' of non-object

Full error trace:
Code:

A potential fix for this has been found and will be included in the next update.

Due note though, this is a issue with TapaTalk not playing nice. And I don't support TapaTalk to be able to work with addons.

This add-on does not require any calendar add-ons, correct?

I just installed this Addon this afternoon. Awesome addon, but noticed this in my XF admin panel server errors:
Thanks
Donnie Driskell
www.shipsofscale.com
(got distracted and forgot to disable board before installing - my bad)

Template error: str_repeat(): Second argument has to be greater than or equal to 0
src/XF/Template/Templater.php:3445

Full error trace:
Code:

I'll take a look as soon as I get a chance. It's strange though that this error has never came up before.

I can give you my XF Admin login credentials if that would help. I just recently migrated my site to a VPS. I am using Hawk Host as my hosting and I am not just 100% sure if they set up my VPS correctly. I am not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. I appreciate any help.

Hi guys,

I am actually considering switching from the tl social groups addon to this one.

The tl social groups addon has not had a great history regarding updates/etc in the past, and there are a couple things that do not function properly. Such as moderation for social group forums. Even though the addon specifically states that moderation by social group mods/admins is a function.

I wanted to find out before making a purchase here for this addon, that social group mods/admins/whatever are able to do moderation on threads inside their social group - such as sticky threads, etc. Is this the case? I've looked through this thread/addon features and that seems to be the case however I just have to double check because this is the primary reason why we'd be switching - and like I said, it's clear that some addons advertise a feature and do not actually have that feature functioning properly/available currently. I don't think that's something that happens here with your guy's addons but again, just double checking to make sure that moderation is something available to social group mods/admins...

Thanks a bunch!

Since I'm here at the moment and Ozzy is still getting familiar with the group system, I'll answer that. ;)

A group moderator can do anything that's allowed by the permissions for group moderators. The only thing is, they must be a member of the group in order to be a moderator in the group. In other words, there is no universal group moderator that can moderate all groups (except for admins).

These are the permissions available for group moderators....

groupmodperms.png

While I don't have a screenshot for each permission that's been used by moderators on one of my sites, this is one of a thread that was deleted by one of my group moderators....

groupdeleted.png

Great thanks!

Perfect, that's what I was hoping for - that's good to know.

Yeah no worries on a universal group moderator type thing - I don't think that's typical with most social group-style systems (maybe it's been something requested by other members here which is why you mentioned it, or just as an FYI) anyway and definitely not needed for what we're looking at doing.

I am dreading having to setup all of our social groups again though, lol... I can't imagine there's an import function from this addon - https://xenforo.com/community/resources/tl-social-groups.6389/ - very wishful thinking but not a problem at all. I think it will be worth it in the end - I hate having to moderate across all of our current social groups using the above addon because the group moderation system does not work properly, lol.

Not to derail this thread, but in regards to the last image you posted (politics related), do you guys generally keep politics in social groups on your forum? We used to have an Issues & Politics section on our forum a couple years ago but it became so toxic that we had to make it into a social group, to keep it off of the mainstream forum, and now have a 100% no politics on the mainstream forum rule. It's just sooooo toxic these days.

Anyway, thanks again!

Back