[OzzModz] Social Groups

[OzzModz] Social Groups [Paid] 2.1.33 Patch Level 6

No permission to buy ($49.00)
If you hide the group forums on the front end does that mess with permissions in the group end?

You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content

I've got mine to not show the forum on the homepage and everything seems to be working well :)

With Private Threads, The background colour in the "Latest Posts" was a different colour. This was a great for admins to know very quickly it was Private and didn't need looking at. Is there a way of making it the similar with groups?

colour.png

What if a member creates the group and it's "secret" is it really secret if it can seen on the front end?

Also is there a way to make prefixes available to the groups without having to go into the back end everytime?

On My forum I have

Catergory Name
- Group Section 1 Catergory
- Group Section 2 Catergory

I have made Section 1 and Section 2 not visible in the node list. As far as I can tell from setting this up and going live, if a group is set to hidden - it really is hidden!

Prefixes you have to add to each new group forum manually in the backend. I just posted on the forum advising of this feature and to drop me a PM if they wanted it added.

There's nothing in the group system for this.

But it could be done and it would take creating a couple of template modifications and knowing exactly what conditions need to be met to change the background in the lists.

Look at the template modifications to the structured_list.less and thread_list_macros templates done by Private threads to get an idea of how it could be done in the group system. If all you want to test for is if the thread is in a group I would use $thread.Forum.Node.Group and $thread.Forum.Node.Subforum.Group (is not empty) as conditions.

Thanks Snog Snog ,

I shall have a look at those files. Basically any thread that is from within a group to show a different background colour in the new posts list.

I'm guessing it would be something along the lines of:

Code:
You must validate your XenForo license to see code

Which template would I be looking at adding this to?

How do members know to put their hidden groups in that specific section? The same category can have hidden, private or open groups.

You want to create a template modification, not add it directly to a template.

Modification 1...

Template: structured_list.less
Modification key: Custom1
Description: Adds color for group threads to LESS template
Search type: Simple replacement
Find: &.is-deleted
Replace:
Code:

Modification 2...

Template: thread_list_macros
Modification key: Custom2
Description: Adds group background color to thread lists
Search type: Simple replacement
Find: structItem--thread
Replace: $0{{ ($thread.Forum.Node.Group is not empty || $thread.Forum.Node.Subforum is not empty) ? ' is-socialgroup' : '' }}

Whether or not a group forum shows in the main forum list is entirely dependent on the type of group the user creates.

For example, I guarantee you can't see the "Private Guys" group forum that is available here in the main forum list.

private.png

And because you're not a member of the "Private Guys" group, you can't even see it in the group list. ;)

Thank you so much Snog Snog , I was miles off!
That has made such a difference for me when viewing new posts. I know what to look in and what to leave now.

Hi guys! Since we upgraded to php 7.4, we've started seeing these errors. We were hoping that your latest rev would fix it (2.1.27) but we're still getting them.

Code:

Back