[OzzModz] Social Groups

[OzzModz] Social Groups [Paid] 2.1.33 Patch Level 6

No permission to buy ($49.00)
Here's what looks like a different type of error, with a snippet of a coinciding report from a user:

Code:
You must validate your XenForo license to see code

You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content

I took a quick look at this...

The path group/groupname.#/info will always have a different number than forums/groupforumname.#/

The number in the info path is the group ID. The number in the forum path is the forum ID. They would always be different.

I don't have a clue why the forum threw that error unless some caching is involved or for some reason the creation of the group forum hadn't completed yet.

So, this would be a correct number for the group info page (6)...
https://www.ourside.com/community/group/[group-forum-name].6/info

And this would be the correct number for the group forum (136)...
/community/forums/[group-forum-name].136/

Got it - could be caching issue with that error, I suppose.

We're still seeing a lot of the "[E_NOTICE] Trying to access array offset on value of type null" ones I posted, but I haven't seen any more of the "E_NOTICE] Trying to access array offset on value of type bool" today.

It appears your simplecache doesn't have the values stored in it.

Try changing the list type for the group in Groups & permissions->Group settings in the Group list options area and save it, then change it back to what ever it was and save again.

Quick question with this add-on. If I create a social group and it has a forum in it does it add to the overall post count of an individual user when they are posting in the social group forums?

Awesome. Thank you for the quick reply. Been thinking of adding this to my new community.

When group ownership is transferred the new owner cannot change the group info in owner tools. Where do I find those permissions?

Can't duplicate this.

What is it they are trying to change? What happens when they go to owner tools?

They are trying to change the group description. Upon testing it wouldn't let them change anything. Their permissions allow for all editing functions with no limitations.

Says permission denied.

I'm going to guess the actual error is "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action".

If that's correct, make sure the user's user group or the user themself has permission to create groups. A user has to be able to create a group to be able to edit it too.

Admin->Groups & permissions->User group permissions OR Admin->Groups & permissions->User permissions

Yep. That's it. In order to make group creation easier for people we have them apply for them using your advanced forms. The we transfer ownership. If there's a way to add "edit group (description, etc)" that would be awesome. If not I understand.

Another thing I noticed is the members can still see soft-deleted posts in the discussion area.

Hey guys! I am thinking this could be a great Groups add-on to switch over to. One question, though, does it have a widget that can be placed where ever to show latest group activity and such? I like the idea of that on the home page to pique users interest in checking out groups...

Stay healthy and safe!

The group template is adding an the sidenav bar twice on the group templates. In all templates including defaults, at the bottom of all the group pages. Any help would be be great.

Hello my friends, I am happy to now be a groups owner and moving form another group provider - but let me ask - are group categories ONLY created by forum categories? Is there ever any plans to allow groups to have their own independent category system? Utilizing forums for group categories is somewhat limiting.

Not be annoying, but the system looks awesome, I would just suggest two things:

1) an add a group button on the groups page, versus it being built into the drop down
2) the ability to create independent group categories

Any thoughts on these things?

This wasn't addressed in the original post.

Also was there anything I missed about thread prefixes being available to groups in sub-forums instead of having to add them manually each time.

I'm in great need of having this issue fixed. Any help would be appreciated.

Back