[OzzModz] Social Groups

[OzzModz] Social Groups [Paid] 2.1.33 Patch Level 6

No permission to buy ($49.00)
Any possibility of this getting cross functionality with Jaxel's XenAtendo calendar add on?

I would absolutely love to have Social Groups and be able to cross-post a XenAtendo event to a Social Group calendar

A patch to the current version has been placed on the download server.

If you are experiencing problems where people are unable to join a group, please download and install the patch.

You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content

What about an importer for other social groups add ons?

Your implementation looks like the best thus far, but I'd like to not all our groups data going from XF1 > XF2 if I don't have to

That is also not planned.

I created one to do vB groups for XF1 and I never recouped my costs of creating it. The same would hold true here.

If you do paid requests, I'd be willing to discuss that possibility. I'd be looking to import Waindigo groups if that's a factor (Now ThemeHouse)

As a question on the current features though: What are the functional differences between the group forum and the discussion area?

i.e. What's the reasons to use one over the other?

Group discussions are in the group only and files can't be uploaded to them. So depending on how you have the group configured, non-members would be unable to view discussions. And discussions do not appear in the forums. Think of them sort of like giant PCs.

IE, the way you have your group currently configured, non-members can not view discussions (admins can)...
discussions.png

Some owners prefer this to keep non-forum related discussions completely out of the forums and don't even configure a forum for their groups.

So far as the importer goes, the last time I looked at Waindigo's add-on it was totally incompatible with this one. So, writing an importer would be an adventure in terror. That may have changed at some point, but I don't know that for sure. The only way I would possibly consider it would be to get a backup of your site with it's database, put it on my development server and look at what would be required again. But, coming from XF1, to XF2 with that add-on could also be a nightmare.

what condicional can i use if i want to not show some content if they aren't joining the group?

i have xenporta and when i promote the article it shows to everybody. I want to denegate to show that content if they aren't memebership of the gorup.

example: something like that
<xf:if is="{{$xf.visitor.isMemberOf(x)}}">
the content
</xn:if>

thanks bro

There is no conditional for what you want to do. You shouldn't promote group posts to XenPorta. That's not supported.

Please note that this site is now running version 2.1.0 Alpha 1 of the Social Group System.

This major update removes individual user permissions from the node system and adds support for the xenForo Media Gallery (version 2.0.3 or higher).

While I don't run the Media Gallery here, it has been tested on another test site.

If there are some brave souls out there that have a valid license for the XF2 Social Groups system and would like to test the new version, send me a PC. I would prefer if you also have the Media Gallery installed too. I will be limiting the number of testers at this time, so it's on a first come, first selected basis. I do not recommend running it on a live site unless you like living dangerously. ;)

Hi Snog Snog,

How would I go about hiding the Groups tab but maintaining the sub navigation if clicked into via a forum node?

If I disable the Groups tab in Public Navigation then all the create group, etc., links disappear when viewing the social forums category as well.

Even if it's just an extra.less hiding of the groups tab that would suffice, but I can't seem to target it correctly.

Cheers.

When you enter a group via the forum link, you are still entering the group system. While you're in a group forum via that link, access to the forum is now under control of the group system.

Like any other navigation tab, the tab can't be disabled without losing the sub-menu items too. The navigation tab and sub-menu items are generated by XenForo itself, not the group system.

Not sure if it's the fault of this add-on as several seem to be mentioned in the stack trace, but I'm getting a bunch of these errors:
Code:
You must validate your XenForo license to see code

Yes, this was reported by someone privately. I already have a release that will come out later today to fix the problem.

The error says it all.

Check your file permissions for the internal_data and data folder permissions for your site and all folders under them. They should be 777

Since it's mentioning the temporary file, I would check internal_data and internal_data/temp first.

Back