[OzzModz] Social Groups

[OzzModz] Social Groups [Paid] 2.1.33 Patch Level 6

No permission to buy ($49.00)
You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content
Are you running a UiX (Themehouse) style? It looks like it.

If yes, update to the UiX2 version 2.0.6 style if you haven't already.

If no, what has changed on your site? The location of those images hasn't changed at all.

EDIT: Also I can't tell if you upgraded from the XF1 version and if you did and you just changed from displaying a group banner to showing a group avatar, you may need to re-upload your banners so the avatars are created. Group avatars were not ported from the XF1 version. They were not compatible with the XF2 version.

Barring any unforeseen circumstances, version 2.1.0 of this add-on will be released on Monday.

The main changes are the removal of user level permissions from the group forums, the removal of the requirement that the normal XenForo permission format is used (all users must be registered) and the addition of support for XenForo Media Gallery.

Version 2.1.0 has undergone extensive testing on several sites for a couple of months, but that does not mean there isn't the possibility of something having been missed.

So, I'm issuing this WARNING now...
Once version 2.1.0 is released, BACKUP BOTH your site and your database before upgrading to version 2.1.0. If something should go wrong during the upgrade there will be no other way to restore back to version 2.0.x other than from your backup.

Call this a preemptive warning for your safety. The same warning will be in the update description and in a notice in the zip file. ;)

For those interested, the new version has been running here for quite some time without the Media Gallery being installed.

If you want to see the gallery interface for groups, I've installed Media Gallery and activated a media area in two groups. It's active in General Chit Chat and the Group System Test groups.

If you're a member of one or both of those groups, you should also see a Random group media sidebar widget on the site's main page.

Awesome, looking forward to it. I've just started working with Social Groups, it's very cool. One thing I was wondering is how you leave a group?

If you're the owner of a group, you can't leave until you transfer ownership to another group member.

Otherwise, there is a 'Leave group' button on the group information page (tab).

leavegroup.png

Thanks, I just found it :)

You probably know but the Groups -> Member of Groups menu on this site just says "13" - a debug message I guess. On my test site with the release version, Member of Groups and Owner of Groups both display "No groups found." (In the former case a user who is a member of two groups, in the latter an Admin who is owner and member of two groups.)

I should let you get back to the MG integration :)

Could you post a screenshot of that? It should show a list of groups someone belongs to. It does for me.

member.png

The Media Gallery is already integrated.

medias.png

Hit CTRL-F5 in your browser. That was an early bug that was caught. It shouldn't be showing that way at all now. It's like you have an older cached page.

I missed this.

Can you verify that when you look at the member list for those groups that they show as members and/or the owner of the groups?

owner2.png owner1.png

There's only been one documented case of this happening and that was early on in the XF2 version when upgrading from the XF1 version.

Hi, thank you, it's fine now on this site. On my test site, the users show up in the member list -
Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 1.06.47 pm.png

But nothing in Member of Groups-
Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 1.11.38 pm.png

I'm running 2.0.13, wondering if I should wait for 2.1 to try again?

Could you go into the database with PHPMyAdmin for the test site and take a screenshot of the xf_snog_groups_members table. It should look something like this..

members.png

You could wait until 2.1.0 (which will be tomorrow), but the routine that displays the groups for those functions is basically the same in both 2.0.13 and 2.1.0.

Hi,
when i try to access the /groups/ page i get this error but the subpages work:
Code:
You must validate your XenForo license to see code

That is saying you have your groups set to display a category list, but the categories haven't been selected in the group system.

As described in the upgrade README file, double check all of your settings for your groups. (Admin->Groups & permissions->Group Settings)

Ok I just pressed Save again then it went, everything was still selected correctly, which confused me.

Hmm... I'll have to look at that. If they were already selected, they should have still been good.

It might have something to do with the settings cache being destroyed by XenForo during the upgrade. Not quite sure.

Hi Snog, the issue resolved itself after I upgraded to 2.1.0. FYI anyway the table contents prior to the upgrade were (command line, I don't have phpMyAdmin installed):

Code:
You must validate your XenForo license to see code

Hi Snog, sorry for being dense, but how do you enable this? In the Group Settings I have selected a media category, but I can't see how to create the "Group Media" tab in Create Group, or Edit Group.

Back