[OzzModz] Social Groups

[OzzModz] Social Groups [Paid] 2.1.33 Patch Level 6

No permission to buy ($49.00)
I was able to create a localhost machine using xampp, elasticsearch, phpadmin, etc. Then I installed XF on localhost. Then I installed the latest Social Groups and as far as I can see there are no errors. However, this test only tells me that there are no interferences with a fresh install of the latest Xenforo coupled with the fresh install of S.G latest version. However, I am not able to "mimic" my faltered Groups on my localhost machine. I cannot get the real database to import - I have done this before, but the db was much smaller. I know, I manipulated the php.ini file to take on a large db file.

for whatever reason, I cannot import my existing real online database into the localhost machine. I have changed the max file upload, the timing of uploads. I am not a programmer. I am not an expert database person. I know just enough to carry me over the finish line.

The only thing that is missing from my forum's "Groups" is the narrower page with the image banner AND the "TABS"
Group Information | Group Forum | Group Members and the little sidebar that has the Group Statistics, etc.

All my threads and post are there. Also, my online real database seems to be intact as I can see all the members of the Groups and so forth. . . So, I have an important question that I do not know the answer to.
If I install the update that Ozzy corrected, is this going to BLOW away all my posts and threads that are "associated" with the Groups Add-on?
I really need to make a decision on this soon to move forward with the latest Ozzy fix. Someone mentioned the "page container" is what the problem is - but again, I am not a programmer and If this is the only thing that is wrong then "over-writing" the "page container" should not pose a serious problem. I do not know what all is involved in the so called page container.
I just don't want to do the S.G. update and then I have a blank forum staring at me. My database is about 400M and it is a pain to import as phpAdmin does not like importing that large of a database as I cannot even get my localhost machine that I just created to import it.
I hope that I am not being a nag - I just need some common language to help me through this little bump before I do something really dumb.
If it were "the worst that could happen is the update did nothing, then I can live with that".

Very Kindly
Donald

No, this will not remove any existing info, there just may be display issues. I would try to take a full backup of the site then upgrade the addon.

I tried the new version and get a lot of server errors and it broke our forum skin.

tFdqgER.png

Bug report for version: 2.1.28

• InvalidArgumentException: Accessed unknown getter 'Subforum' on XF:Node[18]
  • src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:203

Full error trace:
Code:
You must validate your XenForo license to see code

CpWz_013.png

Is that on a default style or a custom style? Also what was the request state of the above error?

Custom.

Request state

array(4) {
["url"] => string(43) "/threads/.65054/"
["referrer"] => string(60) "https:/../forums/art.18/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Can you get me a copy of that style?

Try that URL on a default style and see if you get the errors.

I would restore your backup for now till I can get it working with the style,

Hi ozzy,

It's a paid style that I don't have the right to distibute but I will ask. No error on default XF style.

Ozzy,
may I make a suggestion? Can your Social Groups program be updated so that in case someone needs to they can migrate a "group" back on the regular forum?
The reason is that I have moved all my Social "groups" back into normal forums, but that does me no good as all the data is still "tied" to the Social Group's program.
I moved all my Groups out of social groups via the NODES. However, there still is a LINK that no matter where I move those groups to, eveything is still TIED to the groups. Since my Social Groups is not even working, I can't even "delete" a group or even manage it. Even if I try to delete a SINGLE group from the database snogs_groups, then that group is gone no matter where I move it in the nodes. It would be great to have some option to allow people to be able to move there group back out into the regular forums. I called myself trying to "piecemill" using the database, but I do not have the knowledge to do so.
Currently, to be honest, I am afraid to do anything (upgrade, update) as I am stuck. I am opting to increase my server space so that I can create a mirror site. Once that is done, then I can perform the update that you have for us.

kindly
Donald

If I were to even consider something like that, I wouldn't get to it any time soon.

Ok, one last question for now, please. What would happen if I uninstall Social Groups? Will all the threads, post subforums still be there or will uninstalling delete everything (forums, threads and post, etc)

So, does Snog even know about all of this happening? I am dire need of some help and I need to be able to make some decisions. Can any of this messaging be forwarded to him? I cannot find a way to unlink the Social Groups away from the data within Social Groups. That would be considered part of his coding or someones coding. I can not take a chance at this point to upload the latest update that was done (whoever did it).

It seems that I am not allowed to PM Snog, so please forward this info to him:

Hello Snog,

If you have time (please) visit my site where I have your Social Groups installed. It is easier for you to see this than for me to write a lengthy PM. When we upgraded our Xenforo to the latest 2.2.0, it did some strange things to the Social Groups. About half of the Social Groups Style and layout is gone !!! Thank goodness at least all of the threads, posts, subforums, and Group Banners are still there, but it is NOT functional. The Social Groups platform is basically all gone. I am stuck and do not know what to do. I know that you released an update, but I am afraid to upload it and install it.

This is my site and please take a look as then you can see what is going on https://www.shipsofscale.com I think it will be much easier if you would just take a quick look.
If I can get a PM from snog or any other type of communication, I can give him my login credentials as admin

My style is one that I created just by reworking the setups and colors - it is NOT a paid style. I thought that I could go to NODES and move the Social Groups 'forums' into another made-up category, but I see that the Social Groups forums are LINKED or TIED to each other and it does not matter where I try to move those nodes around, it is all linked together.
So, later tomorrow I am going to have to do an upgrade on my Cloud Server to have enough space to create a mirror site to test your update on. I did try to make a localhost machine, and I was able to create it, but it does not tell the whole story. My database is just too large. We really need your help and expertise on this.
I am not a programmer, coder, and I know just enough about databases to be familiar with some things. Other than that, I am at your mercy on this problem.

So, I am also wondering what would happen if I uninstall Social Groups from the Addon List? will this blow away all the post, thread and subforums that the Social Groups created, or will uninstalling just leave all the data just hanging like it is?

Back