[OzzModz] Social Groups

[OzzModz] Social Groups [Paid] 2.1.33 Patch Level 6

No permission to buy ($49.00)
Just a note to those that have purchased this add-on.

There have been some changes to the add-on upgrade routine. So, I would strongly suggest you download the add-on again before installing a live XenForo 2 site. Or, if you are going to do an upgrade from XenForo 1 to XenForo 2.

There has been an update to the XF 2 social group system which corrects a large query count on the main site page. That happens because I had removed a couple of lines of code for testing purposes and forgot to put them back in the release.

Download the add-on and just upload the files to your server to cure the problem. There's no need to run the upgrade again or to rebuild the add-on data.

I bought the upgrade and installed it. But it no longer shows in the Navbar. How do I correct this?

You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content
Have you done everything in the README.txt file?

Code:
You must validate your XenForo license to see code
Especially #'s 5, 6 and 7.

For the most part, yes. I don't know what you mean by categories. We didn't use categories in 1.42. It always just showed in the Navbar.

I will double check though.

Categories have always been in the add-on. XF 1.x version screenshot:

categories.png

XF 2.x version screenshot:

categories2.png

In any case, if you can't see the group navtab, then it is most likely your usergroup doesn't have the view groups permission set.

perms2.png

Damn, Snog, you are right!

Your upgrade leaves all the other settings alone, but changes the group permissions all to "No" so they must be reset. It would be better to leave the old permissions alone, I think.

I'm not going to lie... When I was doing the first few conversions to XF 2, I was following the guidelines for naming permissions. I was unaware that we could port over the old definition names. To go back and do that now would mess up anyone that has setup their permissions in the XF 2 version.

And so far as the categories go, that change was required because of the totally different system used for the groups.

Getting this repeat error:

Server error log
  • ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to get property of non-object
  • src/addons/Snog/Groups/Search/Data/Discussion.php:118
  • Generated by: Mutt
  • Oct 27, 2017 at 10:41 AM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/Snog/Groups/Search/Data/Discussion.php(118): XF::handlePhpError(8, 'Trying to get p...', '/home/hobbymac/...', 118, Array)
#1 src/addons/Snog/Groups/Search/Data/Discussion.php(72): Snog\Groups\Search\Data\Discussion->getGroups(Object(XFRM\XF\Entity\User))
#2 src/XF/Search/Search.php(310): Snog\Groups\Search\Data\Discussion->getSearchFormTab()
#3 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Search.php(28): XF\Search\Search->getSearchTypeTabs()
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): XF\Pub\Controller\Search->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(89): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Search', 'index', 'html', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), '', Object(XF\Pub\Controller\Search), NULL)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#7 src/XF/App.php(1844): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#8 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#9 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#10 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(18) "/search/?type=post"
["referrer"] => string(51) "http://www.hobby-machinist.com/find-threads/started"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["type"] => string(4) "post"
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Delete

I'll look into this and get an update out as soon as possible.

OK, the fix is on the download server.

Download the add-on, and upload the files to your server. You do not need to rebuild the add-on.

As a reminder to everyone, the version number of this add-on will not change so long as XenForo 2 is in Beta. The fixes will be simply be placed on the download server and I'll include instructions in a post if needed.

And really, XenForo 2 Beta and any related add-ons should not be running on a live site. In the event of a catastrophic failure or a major change to either one could mean re-installing XF 2 or upgrading from a clean XF 1 installation. Unless of course you're willing to risk that. :)

While preparing for XenForo 2 to go into Release Candidate mode I discovered a couple of minor glitches in the system (2 template problems).

I suggest everyone download the add-on, upload the files and do a 'Rebuild' for the add-on.

I installed the 2.0 version as instructed. Still getting this error:

• ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method XF\Mvc\Reply\Redirect::getParam()
  • src/addons/Snog/Groups/XF/Pub/Controller/Forum.php:30
  • Generated by: Suzuki4evr
  • Oct 31, 2017 at 7:04 AM
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(59) "/forums/questions-answers-get-help-fast-here.13/post-thread"
["referrer"] => string(89) "http://www.hobby-machinist.com/forums/questions-answers-get-help-fast-here.13/post-thread"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(14) {
["prefix_id"] => string(1) "0"
["title"] => string(17) "posting pictures "
["message"] => string(218) "Sorry but..........how do you post a picture again. Tried attachments,but nothing happened. I don't post pictures often so I forget. Must be something to do with age.Can someone lead me in the right direction please? "
["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "a44096cd66243efbe3d947c1a2b1704c"
["attachment_hash_combined"] => string(82) "{"type":"post","context":{"node_id":13},"hash":"a44096cd66243efbe3d947c1a2b1704c"}"
["tags"] => string(0) ""
["watch_thread"] => string(1) "1"
["watch_thread_email"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfSet"] => array(1) {
["watch_thread"] => string(1) "1"
}
["poll"] => array(5) {
["question"] => string(0) ""
["new_responses"] => array(1) {
[0] => string(0) ""
}
["max_votes_type"] => string(6) "single"
["change_vote"] => string(1) "1"
["view_results_unvoted"] => string(1) "1"
}
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"

The fix is on the download server.

Download the add-on and upload the files to your server. There's nothing else to do after that.

The problem was a change in that particular code that was suggested at the XF site. It worked fine under some circumstances, but not all. So, the change is a regression to my original code for the forum.php file.

The fix for XenForo Beta 8 is now on the download server.

Download the add-on, upload the files to your server and 'Rebuild' from the XenForo add-ons menu.

NOTE!!! This add-on will no longer work properly with XenForo Beta 7 or earlier.

New errors:

• ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to get property of non-object
  • src/addons/Snog/Groups/Search/Data/Discussion.php:28
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/Snog/Groups/Search/Data/Discussion.php(28): XF::handlePhpError(8, 'Trying to get p...', '/home/hobbymac/...', 28, Array)
#1 src/XF/Search/Search.php(222): Snog\Groups\Search\Data\Discussion->canViewContent(Object(Snog\Groups\Entity\Discussion))
#2 [internal function]: XF\Search\Search->XF\Search\{closure}(Object(Snog\Groups\Entity\Discussion))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/AbstractCollection.php(167): array_filter(Array, Object(Closure))
#4 src/XF/Search/Search.php(223): XF\Mvc\Entity\AbstractCollection->filter(Object(Closure))
#5 src/XF/ResultSet.php(228): XF\Search\Search->getResultSetData('discussion', Array, true, Array)
#6 src/XF/ResultSet.php(212): XF\ResultSet->loadResultsData(true)
#7 src/XF/ResultSet.php(181): XF\ResultSet->limitToViewableResults()
#8 src/XF/ResultSet.php(191): XF\ResultSet->sliceResults(0, '200', true)
#9 src/XF/Search/Search.php(166): XF\ResultSet->limitResults('200', true)
#10 src/XF/Repository/Search.php(34): XF\Search\Search->search(Object(XF\Search\Query\Query))
#11 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Search.php(381): XF\Repository\Search->runSearch(Object(XF\Search\Query\Query), Array, true)
#12 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Search.php(110): XF\Pub\Controller\Search->runSearch(Object(XF\Search\Query\Query), Array)
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): XF\Pub\Controller\Search->actionSearch(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(89): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Search', 'search', 'html', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), '', Object(XF\Pub\Controller\Search), NULL)
#15 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#16 src/XF/App.php(1845): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#17 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#18 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#19 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(14) "/search/search"
["referrer"] => string(47) "http://www.hobby-machinist.com/account/upgrades"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["keywords"] => string(6) "donate"
["c"] => array(1) {
["users"] => string(0) ""
}
}
}

and

• ErrorException: [E_WARNING] in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given
  • src/addons/Snog/Groups/Search/Data/Discussion.php:28
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF::handlePhpError(2, 'in_array() expe...', '/home/hobbymac/...', 28, Array)
#1 src/addons/Snog/Groups/Search/Data/Discussion.php(28): in_array(14, NULL)
#2 src/XF/Search/Search.php(222): Snog\Groups\Search\Data\Discussion->canViewContent(Object(Snog\Groups\Entity\Discussion))
#3 [internal function]: XF\Search\Search->XF\Search\{closure}(Object(Snog\Groups\Entity\Discussion))
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/AbstractCollection.php(167): array_filter(Array, Object(Closure))
#5 src/XF/Search/Search.php(223): XF\Mvc\Entity\AbstractCollection->filter(Object(Closure))
#6 src/XF/ResultSet.php(228): XF\Search\Search->getResultSetData('discussion', Array, true, Array)
#7 src/XF/ResultSet.php(212): XF\ResultSet->loadResultsData(true)
#8 src/XF/ResultSet.php(181): XF\ResultSet->limitToViewableResults()
#9 src/XF/ResultSet.php(191): XF\ResultSet->sliceResults(0, '200', true)
#10 src/XF/Search/Search.php(166): XF\ResultSet->limitResults('200', true)
#11 src/XF/Repository/Search.php(34): XF\Search\Search->search(Object(XF\Search\Query\Query))
#12 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Search.php(381): XF\Repository\Search->runSearch(Object(XF\Search\Query\Query), Array, true)
#13 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Search.php(110): XF\Pub\Controller\Search->runSearch(Object(XF\Search\Query\Query), Array)
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): XF\Pub\Controller\Search->actionSearch(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#15 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(89): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Search', 'search', 'html', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), '', Object(XF\Pub\Controller\Search), NULL)
#16 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#17 src/XF/App.php(1845): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#18 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#19 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#20 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(14) "/search/search"
["referrer"] => string(47) "http://www.hobby-machinist.com/account/upgrades"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["keywords"] => string(6) "donate"
["c"] => array(1) {
["users"] => string(0) ""
}
}
}

Delete

Nelson58 Nelson58 could you plase download the latest version, upload the files and 'Rebuild' from the add-on menu.

Then let me know if it's still happening or not.

I'm asking because your last download of the add-on was about 3 hours before the last update that curred some problems with XenForo Beta 8. And I also made some performance improvements yesterday. So now I can't duplicate the problem you're having and they may have fixed it by default.

Back