[OzzModz] Social Groups

[OzzModz] Social Groups [Paid] 2.1.33 Patch Level 6

No permission to buy ($49.00)
You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content
This was the original use for the group system. People wanted to keep group posts out of the forums and it closely resembles the vB group system. It is retained because there are still sites that run this way and not with group forums (actually more than you might think).
Yes, you will.
Sorry, no. The event system is tied to groups and can not run separately from the group system.

There's no "tweaking" to make it work outside of the group system. It would have to be almost completely removed and rebuilt.

Hi,
i have get this error on installation Line 463: Template tags are not well formed. Tag if was found when expecting contentcheck.

What style are you using?

If you're using Ui.X2, update that to the latest version before installing the group system.

I'm going to have to grab the Dark version of Ui.X2 to see what's happening.

I won't be able to do that until tomorrow. When I get it, I'll be able to see what's going on and issue an update.

I stayed in the office for a few minutes extra and got Ui.X Dark 2.0.0.2 and installed both it and the Social Groups add-on without any problems.

dark.png

The Ui.X2 Dark style is also installed here now, so you can see it works.

Have you made any custom changes to the style?

Are you running any other add-ons or styles? (if yes, which ones)

I'll check back tomorrow for your reply.

this error message i get during the installation Line 463: Template tags are not well formed. Tag if was found when expecting contentcheck. why can a style cause this error?

i have 10 other addons and i have do some custom changes on the style
Code:
You must validate your XenForo license to see code

A style (or custom template edits) can cause an error because the templates do not have the standard code expected by template modifications used by the group system or any other add-on that might need to change a section of a template. XenForo 2.x is not forgiving of this like XF 1.x was. If the code in a template isn't right, it will throw that error. In the case of Ui.X, the PAGE_CONTAINER template is a totally custom template and the add-on requires that template to be the exact one supplied by ThemeHouse. If it's an earlier version, or if it's been edited by you the error you're getting will more than likely happen.

Most likely, the exact section in the Ui.X Dark PAGE_CONTAINER template that's causing the error is this:
Code:

If it does not contain that exact code, then you aren't running Ui.X 2.0.0.2 or you've edited that section and the error will happen.

Custom template edits should never be done to the templates themselves. They should be done with the template modification system where an execution order can be assigned, and they can be disabled or adjusted if needed.

First make sure you're using Dark 2.0.0.2 if you just downloaded and installed it. It is possible you installed 2.0.0.0 or earlier. Go to Admin->Appearance->ThemeHouse styles and make sure the left button for the dark style says "Force reinstall" and does not say "Upgrade". If it does say "Upgrade", then you don't have 2.0.0.2 installed.

Second disable all other add-ons and try installing again.

If you still get an error, and any custom template changes you made involve the PAGE_CONTAINER template, revert those changes. And try installing again.

Glad you found the problem. That's why I asked if any other styles were installed. ;)

I'll grab that style and see if I can account for it so others don't have the same problem.

sorry the question with the other styles i have read over :(
Thank you for your verry nice support :)

There is a conflict with your addon and UI.X because they dont use "Material Design Icons" instead of "FontAwesome" :'(
1512977868448.png

1512977873877.png

Unfortunately I don't think this is a problem with the group system itself. The forum/post info display is handled directly by XenForo itself and simply displayed in the group by displaying the $content value returned from XenForo itself.
Code:
I'll look at it closer this week. It may be that Ui.X2 requires some different info not being supplied in the $content returned from XenForo.

Also note that while I will always look at problems with styles to see if a problem can be resolved in the add-on, it is impossible to account for every custom style out there. And so long as the add-on is working with the default XenForo style, it is operating as intended and it may fall on the style designer to correct/change things in their style to maintain full compatibility with XenForo and add-ons.

Back