[OzzModz] Social Groups

[OzzModz] Social Groups [Paid] 2.1.33 Patch Level 6

No permission to buy ($49.00)
I have a user who created a group, which when I view it from the main forum page as admin, shows as "Private." He is able to create threads and posts in his group forum, but any attempt to use any of the menu bar commands (Group Info; Group Members, Group Tools) results this msg:

"You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

I also see that the Node Permissions for this SG forum is the only one, of all our SG forums/nodes, where the owner has specific Permissions set for the respective forum. But, it looks like only 2 permissions are set for this user and neither seems like it would make any difference for this issue.

I just created a Social Group as a normal user and don't have this issue. I have no ideas... I don't see any way to see the original parameters he used when he created this group to see what differs from the group I created.

SG 2.1.27 on XF 2.1.0

Please ignore the following in the above post. The other admin did this w/o my knowledge in an attempt to resolve the issue.

"I also see that the Node Permissions for this SG forum is the only one, of all our SG forums/nodes, where the owner has specific Permissions set for the respective forum. But, it looks like only 2 permissions are set for this user and neither seems like it would make any difference for this issue."

I don't know if this is a bug or something is set incorrectly, but we are getting instances of user group forums being placed in the wrong section.

That Lily Laguna forum should not have been placed there. It should go in the Forum Category I have specified.

1618283894632.png

Like so:

1618283955773.png

AFL Teams is not selected:

1618283997589.png

Any help?

I’ve not seen that happen before. I douyits a bug in the addon, but I wouldn’t rule it out completely.

You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content
How do you think we can test this out and see where the issue might be?

I’d probably need an admin account to debug it on your site. I wouldn’t be able to look fully until the weekend though.

OK we can set something up for you.

I have changed my forum domain and now I have errors from the Social Groups plugin referencing caches.

https://i.imgur.com/EdPHW5a.png

Some examples:

Code:
You must validate your XenForo license to see code

Code:

Code:

Yes, I have already. And also when it was disabled I clicked on the rebuid add-on option. I have also rebuilt caches, all the possible caches both in the ACP -> Tools -> Rebuid caches as in the linux console through ssh connection

Maybe try changing one of the addon settings, save it, then change back and save again.

I have also tried it, but I am going to repeat it, to see if it does not keep giving cache errors. It was all from changing the domain of the forum.

I don't know this add-on AFAIK.

I think that in computing every problem has to have a solution.

If you want I can create a temporary administrator account in my forum for testing, which is a faithful copy of the one I have in production, and you can see for yourself.

I plan to migrate to IPB in the near future, as IPB has the clubs integrated into the core at no extra cost, but for now your add-on for social groups (clubs) is the best I have found for XenForo.

I had misunderstood your message Ozzy47 ozzy47
now when I re-translate your message I think you mean to tell me that this error log is not from your add-on.

Code:

This is the last error log, from this morning, and it says: internal_data/code_cache/templates/l2/s3/public/snog_groups_main.php

The file snog_groups_main.php is not from your add-on?

I suspect that yes, that error is being generated by your add-on because I have changed my forum domain, and the caches have not been updated, and I don't know how I can rebuild those caches relative to your add-on.

The users of my community have created many clubs, and I can't delete them all to make a new clean add-on installation. The users would not understand if I deleted their work.

Another problem reported to me by a user is that he does not receive notifications from his club. Everything makes me suspect that something is not right since I changed domain. I insist that I do not blame you, as a developer, but to have changed the domain in my forum.

I would like you not to take this lightly, just because in the XenForo community we have had different opinions on some issues that have nothing to do with this other topic.

I don’t take any of my paid addons lightly (or my free ones either) trust me. I’ve no idea of what issues you are talking about, but I don’t let opinions determine my support level.

Ive sent you a copy of a version to try out and see if it fixes the errors.

Take a full backup before installing it, just in case something happens.

With the solution you offered me, I have not had any more messages in the server error log. (It's been three days, and no trace of errors in the server log).

I backed up before applying your solution, as you advised, and everything has gone smoothly.

You are very kind and I am very grateful to you.

Back