Star Citizen

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Star Citizen
Star Citizen brings the visceral action of piloting interstellar craft through combat and exploration to a new generation of gamers at a level of fidelity never before seen. At its core Star Citizen is a destination, not a one-off story. It’s a complete universe where any number of adventures can take place, allowing players to decide their own game experience. Pick up jobs as a smuggler, pirate, merchant, bounty hunter, or enlist as a pilot, protecting the borders from outside threats. I’ve always wanted to create one cohesive universe that encompasses everything that made Wing Commander and Privateer / Freelancer special. A huge sandbox with a complex and deep lore allowing players to explore or play in whatever capacity they wish.
Players: 1
Co-op: Yes
Genre: Action, Adventure, Flight Simulator, Life Simulation, MMO, Shooter
Released:
Publisher: Cloud Imperium Games

Trailer
Game information provided by TheGamesDB
After watching the trailer, there's only one thing I see that I don't like.

That's what appear to be con trails off of the wings of the fighters. Con trails are a result of moisture in air and wouldn't happen in space.

I only played the map that was available to me at the time for a short period but had a problem with not having any reference to up or down in space. I think I will give it another go now to see how far it has come.

In space, up and down is relative to YOU not anything around you.

Yes but getting used to this concept takes a bit of doing lol

Well I thought I would have another look at it but now I cannot remember my user name and password and the recovery system did not work so I had to open up a ticket with them

I thought I would give this one another go so I logged in and needed to download the update. The update took the better part of a day to download. Ok so now I am ready to go, fire the game up and wait for it to load. I then find myself in a hanger with 3 spaceships now I know I had previously purchase one but could not remember what one. So I go from ship to ship sitting in them all playing with every key I can find on my keyboard but I just sit there twiddling the controls. So after trying them all I start walking around the hanger find a lift that takes me up to a walkway above the ships but nothing to do up there either. Once again I start looking about and find this console I can log into and it list all the ships in the hanger and what they can do and what they have. Other than that nothing. So now just next to this console I find this large ball type thing that I can also activate, so I activate it and it opens and turns out to be some drone of sorts. I get in and it closes and finally it seems I have something that might fly.

I select the game and it starts loading once done I find myself in deep space, it's a lonely place with only huge rocks floating around but hey I am out flying so that is great. Now what can I do so once again I start on all the keys and mouse options to see and eventually find I can fire my laser and shoot off some type of flares I think. So here I am flying around all these rocks shooting at nothing and finding nothing else to do but fly out of bounds and die.

So with the above said anyone looking for a great slightly used game that does nothing as I have one going cheap :D

You do know that what you can play now is just an alpha module right? Normally you would never see a game at this stage of development but because it's fan supported we get to tweak around with it. As a side note it's a Space Simulation not a Flight Simulation. I tried to go edit it on tgdb but they don't have that genre. Their forums are closed and the contact email refuses all emails. Not a good sign. lol

Yes I know that and that is why after having a look around the first time I left it for some time until now taking another look. So it seems I will check back in a good few month from now again

Squadron 42 will be released long before Star Citizen. The path you take in that single player game will have a bearing on who you are in Star Citizen. A lot of my members are playing Elite: Dangerous in the meantime.

Well then I suppose I will have to just wait on that then

Back