The Last Days on Mars

2.00 star(s)
2.00/5 2 Votes
Title: The Last Days on Mars

Tagline: The search for life is about to end.

Genre: Science Fiction, Thriller, Horror

Director: Ruairi Robinson

Cast: Liev Schreiber, Romola Garai, Elias Koteas, Olivia Williams, Johnny Harris, Goran Kostić, Tom Cullen, Yusra Warsama, Patrick Joseph Byrnes, Lewis Macleod, Paul Warren

Release: 2013-08-11

Runtime: 98

Plot: On the last day of the first manned mission to Mars, a crew member of Tantalus Base believes he has made an astounding discovery – fossilized evidence of bacterial life. Unwilling to let the relief crew claims all the glory, he disobeys orders to pack up and goes out on an unauthorized expedition to collect further samples. But a routine excavation turns to disaster when the porous ground collapses and he falls into a deep crevice and near certain death. His devastated colleagues attempt to recover his body. However, when another vanishes, they start to suspect that the life-form they have discovered is not without danger.

Where to watch

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database
I enjoy my SciFi but sadly I would say only watch this one if there really is nothing else to watch. I just found that so much of the important action was done either in the dark or a dust storm. This made it almost impossible to follow what was going down at the time.

This was one where I kept waiting for it to get better, but it never did.

A disappointment for sure.

That was the only reason I just kept watching it as well.

Back