• Like XenForo 1.x itself, add-ons for XF 1.x are in support mode. This means that they will receive bug fixes until May 31st, 2019 and security updates only until December 31st, 2019. They are feature locked and no new features will be added. As of December 31, 2019 they will be End of Life and no further updates will be given after that date.
Resource icon

Thread Level Permissions (AKA: Private Threads) 1.0.4

In support mode only
No longer available for purchase

DirtRider

Validated XF Owner
Applications Owner
Raffles Owner
TMDb Threads Owner
OSB Display Owner
PayPal Balance Owner
Custom Add-On Owner
Social Groups Owner
XF2 Groups Owner
XF2 Raffles Owner
XF2 OSB Owner
XF2 Movies Owner
XF2 TV Owner
XF 2 PayPal Owner
XF2 Games Owner
XF 2 Style Stats
XF 2 Music Owner
This is very cool

ŽivaAkcija

Validated XF Owner
Applications Owner
TMDb Threads Owner
TV Threads Owner
Thread Perms Owner
in next couple days will be purchased!

Snog

Administrator
Validated XF Owner
You may want to hold off until Monday when I issue an update. ;)

Snog

Administrator
Validated XF Owner
If anyone is using Xon's Multi Prefix add-on and you see errors after upgrading Multi Prefix to 1.4.14a, put the site into debug mode and go to the development tab in the admin area, click on Code Event Listeners, and find this listener for Multi Prefix..

load_class_controller - XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum

And change it's execution order from 2379 to 1.

ŽivaAkcija

Validated XF Owner
Applications Owner
TMDb Threads Owner
TV Threads Owner
Thread Perms Owner
there is another xml file called addon-snog_threadperms

Snog

Administrator
Validated XF Owner
You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content
That is the name of this add-on's xml file. If you have an old one, replace it.

ŽivaAkcija

Validated XF Owner
Applications Owner
TMDb Threads Owner
TV Threads Owner
Thread Perms Owner
you put wrong files Advanced Application Forms

Snog

Administrator
Validated XF Owner
No I didn't. The license number you're downloading is for Thread Level Permissions. Enter the correct license number when you download Advanced Application Forms.

Bilal Siddiqi

Validated XF Owner
XF2 Private Threads
Hi, I just installed this add-on. From initial testing, this appear to be solid and precisely fit for purpose. Though, is it possible to inform the invited members via email rather alert message? maybe a nice to have feature for future release.

Keep up with this good work.

thanks.

Snog

Administrator
Validated XF Owner
If the user is already watching the forum that private threads are allowed to be posted in, the standard XF alert by email should be sent if the user has chosen email alerts.

I'll put email alerts on the wish list for the add-on.

Bilal Siddiqi

Validated XF Owner
XF2 Private Threads
Hi, I found a behaviour of private thread add-on that I believe is not expected. Someone can confirm it.
My current forum setting does not including thread manual approval. But creating a new private thread by adding a user name that does not exist or wrong, it resulted in displaying a message that the thread will be displayed pending approval by the moderator where as there is no manual approval needed as per the forum setting. Also as a moderator or admin, i could not find that thread and there was no alert or message to approve a forum. Please correct if I am missing something here. Thanks.

Snog

Administrator
Validated XF Owner
I'll check this later today. But after a quick look, the only time a thread would be marked as moderated is if your spam prevention settings made it need approval.

EDIT: After testing, I can't duplicate what you describe. As I said, it may be your spam prevention settings that are causing the thread to go into the moderation queue. Why it's not showing an alert I can't say, but it's not this add-on. Any posts placed in moderation while this add-on is active do show notices to admins/mods.

EDIT 2: There is one possible way private threads could be put into moderation without a notice. If you disable the add-on, ALL private threads are put into moderation. To take them all out of moderation after you re-enable the add-on, check this box in the add-on options:
priave.png

Bilal Siddiqi

Validated XF Owner
XF2 Private Threads
Thanks for responding to my query. I will spend more time and also check my spam settings. Just for my curiosity, what is the expected behaviour if someone enters a user name that does not exist?

Regards,

Top Bottom