• Like XenForo 1.x itself, add-ons for XF 1.x are in support mode. This means that they will receive bug fixes and security updates only. They are feature locked and no new features will be added. As of December 31, 2019 they will be End of Life and no further support will be given after that date.
  • If you have obtained any of my premium add-ons from another site, you DO NOT have a valid license for those add-ons and no support will be given to you.
    The only place that can sell licenses for my premium add-ons is this site.
Resource icon

TMDb Movie Thread Starter for XenForo 1.x [Paid] 2.1.13

In support mode only
No longer available for purchase

fevredsuk

Raffles Owner
TMDb Threads Owner
Statistics Owner
Custom Add-On Owner
TV Threads Owner
have you thought about the possibility of linking this to the xenforo trophy points criteria. so members would get a trophy for x amount of movies posted.

it could be an incentive for members to post movies, would certainly work on my recent forum. Currently only 5 movies posted all by me lol

criteria could be trophy awarded if member as posted x amount of movies

eg

Movie buff trophy + 1000 points = 10 movies posted
Movie freak + 5000 points = 50 movies posted
Movie fanatic + 10000 = 100 movies posted

obviously the above is just an example and site owners make up what ever they want but could be a selling point for the mod if it was liked to trophys criteria

there would be no issue with members spamming movies because theres always the chance other members would discuss them once posted

Snog

Administrator
Validated XF Owner
You know, this is almost funny. I was about to do a major update release of version 2 (which is running here) and now there's something else to look at.

I'll do some research and see if it's feasible.

Snog

Administrator
Validated XF Owner
That wasn't bad at all. Award Trophy Points will be in version 2 of the movie thread starter.

Version 2 is running on this site, so posting a movie thread will get you 1 trophy point for posting your first movie thread.

Last edited:

Snog

Administrator
Validated XF Owner
I expect to release version 2.0.0 of the TMDb Movie Thread Starter either Monday or Tuesday.

Version 2 is currently running on this site, and all options (except CDN support because I don't use a CDN) are enabled.

DirtRider

Validated XF Owner
Applications Owner
Raffles Owner
TMDb Threads Owner
OSB Display Owner
PayPal Balance Owner
Custom Add-On Owner
Social Groups Owner
XF2 Groups Owner
XF2 Raffles Owner
XF2 OSB Owner
XF2 Movies Owner
XF2 TV Owner
XF 2 PayPal Owner
XF2 Games Owner
XF 2 Style Stats
XF 2 Music Owner
This version is look great, well done Snog

Snog

Administrator
Validated XF Owner
There's been 1 bug found in version 2 that had to do with awarding trophy points. That's been fixed for the release.

Also, I've added the thread preview for crosslinked redirects.

I'm going to hold the release for one more day. So, it's looking like tomorrow provided no other problems are found.

Last edited:

Code Monkey

Validated XF Owner
TMDb Threads Owner
TV Threads Owner
TGDB Threads Owner
I'm not seeing any way to update a thread. Also I am not seeing anyway to actually rate a thread anymore.

Code Monkey

Validated XF Owner
TMDb Threads Owner
TV Threads Owner
TGDB Threads Owner
Ahh, the update only works on threads that don't have info and the update box is transparent and hard to read. Could be a style issue. When I try to update an old thread I get this.

You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content

Code Monkey

Validated XF Owner
TMDb Threads Owner
TV Threads Owner
TGDB Threads Owner
Also the mouse over to click the update button seems to be set for the button text and not the button itself so it's hard to click.

Top Bottom