• Like XenForo 1.x itself, add-ons for XF 1.x are in support mode. This means that they will receive bug fixes until May 31st, 2019 and security updates only until December 31st, 2019. They are feature locked and no new features will be added. As of December 31, 2019 they will be End of Life and no further updates will be given after that date.
Resource icon

TMDb Movie Thread Starter for XenForo 1.x [Paid] 2.1.13

In support mode only
No longer available for purchase

Snog

Administrator
Validated XF Owner
You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content
No, the image names are stored in the database and if you blow away all images, the movies with current posters will not have a replacement poster suggested when you check for a new poster.

If you clear the database of all image names, you'll have to manually check EVERY thread for new posters. You're better off checking only those with a problem.

EDIT: I am seeing a lot of threads that are not movie threads with the movie thread information being displayed in the forum thread list, but nothing for the movie in the first post of the thread. I would be curious how that might be possible.

Example: https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/threads/avatar-one-two-three-four-and-five.347158/

SineDave

Validated XF Owner
TMDb Threads Owner
I think they are just using this little block (we have 2-3 members who have permissions):

SineDave

Validated XF Owner
TMDb Threads Owner
When I stopped storing locally - they started working again. Strange, but it's a good solution for now. Thanks Snog. When we get to XF2, i'll revisit this.

Snog

Administrator
Validated XF Owner
That would be because the local image exists and is a bad image. Which is your original problem.

Snog

Administrator
Validated XF Owner
The more I looked at this reply, the more troublesome it seemed.

That was never the intent of adding missing information. You will most likely end up with problems when you upgrade to XF2. The threads in question will (or should) display the movie used to insert the movie information in the first post when you upgrade to XF2.

Top Bottom