[OzzModz] TMDb Movie Thread Starter for XenForo 2.1+

[OzzModz] TMDb Movie Thread Starter for XenForo 2.1+ [Paid] 2.2.1

No permission to buy ($30.00)
I’m getting this error while trying to install your add-on:

“Oops! We ran into some problems.”
“Line 303: Only one else tag is allowed per if tag.”

You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content
Disable all other add-ons and try again.

OR if you've edited any templates, revert them to their original state.

Yes, was able to install the add-on.

I did like you asked, and yes, it looks like the tables are all empty:

“MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows). (Query took 0.0006 seconds.)”

I’m 99 percent sure that it was the Question Threads 1.2.4 that was causing the problem. Fyi, it’s free add-on: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/question-threads.5767/

As soon as I uninstalled it, everything seems to have worked fine.

I really appreciate all the hard work you've done to help me.:)

Kind Regards,
Max

Thanks for tracking that down.

I'll have to look at it tomorrow. But I'll find what's causing the problem with it.

I keep seeing this in my XF2 error logs

Code:
You must validate your XenForo license to see code

This has to do with the sql_mode your server is running under. But, I'll issue an update that should fix the problem some time this morning.

I'm getting this error when trying to post a movie:

Code:

Code:

Code:

This is the movie url that I'm trying to post: https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/325789-the-infiltrator

It doesn't matter if I use the whole url or just the movie ID, I keep getting the same error.

It looks like you have Genre limiting enabled for the add-on in the add-on options, but don't have the genre selected in the forum you're trying to post in.

That was it. Thanks.

This is a long shot but worth asking.

Is there any way of getting the movie poster to show in a tweet?

1526235048850.png

The 1st tweet was made from the actual post on the forum, the second using an automated post via dlvr.it. Instead of using the og image for the site is it at all possible to use the poster as the image.

Same would be nice for TV & Music addons as well.

I don't think that's possible. From what I can tell, the post is grabbed by Twitter itself. And since I don't do any programming for the social sites (twitter, facebook, etc.) I have no clue what would be needed to do it.

I think it's to do with the following line
Code:

Just need to work out how to change that to the path for the poster instead of the og image.

Thanks for looking anyway.

Thanks.

I'll look into it to see what can be done, but if I do something, I won't have a way of testing it other than to look at the page source.

EDIT: And aren't there size limitations for the image displayed on Twitter, etc.?

In most cases, this will be a problem. No movie images from TMDb are square so they will probably look out of place or wrong when they are cropped.

And since each poster is different, there's no good way to establish where it should be cropped for it to look semi-reasonable.

getting this error when disabled : Use local poster images

hi bud just found an error, i get this when i switch from keeping posters on my server to getting them direct from tmdb, im editing my site to get around the no double post issue so having one post per movie now decided to try see if i could save some server space but it gives an error

Template errors
  • Template public:snog_movies_thread_list_poster: Accessed unknown getter 'TV' on XF:Thread[19803] (src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:178)

I'll issue an update later today.

However, note that using the images at TMDB does not save any space on your server. All that does is take server load (bandwidth) off of your server and places it on TMDB. Images are still stored on your server. Storing them on your server provides instant changes when switching between 'Your Server', a CDN and TMDB. Otherwise, each thread would have to be updated every time someone changed how the images are displayed, and if there was a problem with the TMDB site the thread update would fail.

From the add-on description...

Back