[OzzModz] TMDb Movie Thread Starter for XenForo 2.1+

[OzzModz] TMDb Movie Thread Starter for XenForo 2.1+ [Paid] 2.2.1

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Hi

i am trying to upgrade TMDB - Movies Addon via CLI by giving this command php cmd.php xf:addon-upgrade src/addons/Snog/Movies

but i am getting this error always No add-on with ID 'src/addons/Snog/Movies' could be found.

I have uploaded all required files for upgrade but still i get this error for all addons upgrade

My bad i was entering wrong command, addon ID would be Snog/Movies

correct command would be php cmd.php xf:addon-upgrade Snog/Movies

Hi Snog,

We have one slightly odd ask. Currently the add-on won't let us create a second thread with the same movie ID. Today in XF1.5 we can do that, and often do for say discussions with and without spoilers. Is this possible?

Looks to me like the bbcodes are not working. Snog Snog will know since he wrote the upgrade and dealt with a lot of upgrades.

You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content
I haven't run across this.

Are there any errors in your admin area? What XF 1 version of the add-on were you running on your live site?

I see that some movies have converted on your site.
https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/threads/the-hunt-2020.366043/https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/threads/bloodshot-2020.366044/
Is the cron task enabled in admin->Tools->Cron entries?

If it is...

From the README.txt file...

If it isn't, then something was different between your live site and your test site. By appearances this seems to be the case. Because the BBCodes are no longer active. Actually probably don't exist any more because they are automatically deleted when the upgrade cron is complete.

And if both the BBCodes are gone and the cron task is no longer enabled, then the only way to fix it that I can think of would be to restore your site from backup and re-run the install. You might actually need to restore XF 1 and make sure you're running at least version 2.1.13 of the XF 1 add-on too.

If the BBCodes exist and the cron task is NOT enabled, enable it and let it run.

I am seeing this error in our ACP:

1587561893055.png
Stack Trace:
Code:
You must validate your XenForo license to see code

I was running the latest version on XF 1.5 before migrating, and am installing the latest version downloaded from here - 2.1.3. The BBCodes are missing, it's like they weren't actually installed. I even removed the addon and re-installed it, but there are no still BBCodes. We are using a mod to manage BBCodes, in case this is a possible cause: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/editor-bb-code-manager.5657/

From a cron perspective, we only have one entry also:

1587561539654.png

OK, it appears the AddonFlare Paid Registrations add-on might be cause the error you're seeing. But it's not related to the upgrade cron task.

Removing and re-installing the add-on was a mistake. You have now lost all existing movie data for the add-on. This is evident because this movie is no longer displaying properly (it's showing the info as a standard post)...
https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/threads/the-hunt-2020.366043/
The reason the BBCodes don't exist is they are not installed during an upgrade from the XF 1.x version of the add-on. They will only exist if the XF 1.x version is present during the upgrade to the XF 2 version. And they aren't used by the XF 2 version at all. The BBCodes get deleted when there are no more XF 1.x posts to be converted.

So now, there's no other choice except to restore your XF 1.x site and upgrade again. After the upgrade, make sure the cron task is enabled and let it run. Eventually all threads should be converted, the BBCodes will be deleted and the cron task will shut itself off.

If you want me to take a look at what might have gone wrong, if you can send me (Ozzy actually and he can give me access to it) a copy of your database for the live site and I'll install it on a development server and do the upgrade to see where something might be going wrong.

hi i was wondering is there a way of running a sql command to search for new posters?
I have had to rebuild some tables in my database and this has caused older tmdb posts to display without posters but new ones are fine. If i go to the ones without a poster and click find new poster it then works.

so to me it looks like website was cache old posters and fixing the database has removed the cache.

so was just wondering is there a sql command i could run to get new posters for all tmdb and tvdb images?

Thanks in advance

Unfortunately it's not as simple as just an SQL query. There's other code that would be needed to get the poster from TMDB too.

So, the answer would be no.

The only way to update the posters would be to go to each thread without a poster and check for a new poster.

thanks for your reply. would swapping the settings to host images to server then changing it back from server to direct from tmdb work? or would that just make more issues for myself. i dont mind manually updating them but i have almost 400 pages with possibly 3-5 broken images.

thanks again for the support and keep safe

If the images are actually broken images, and not the default "No Poster" image switching to images being served from TMDB might work provided the images exist at TMDB. But that could slow down loading of your site because it would be getting images from TMDB every time the page is loaded. And if TMDB should go down for some reason, it would really slow things down until each image errors out. It also will NOT download the images to your server (that only happens when the thread is created or when you update the poster by checking manually).

If it's the "No Poster" image being shown, then the only way to fix it is by going into each thread and checking for a new poster.

Personally, I would go into each thread either way so images are loaded directly from my server. But that's just me. There are people that prefer to load images directly from TMDB.

So I have both the Movie and TV Addons. Absolutely love them. I have my TV section set up as to where each Show gets it's own dedicated Forum. Like ya'll have setup HERE. I love that it is an endless page that has all of the shows on one page in alphabetical order. Yet with the Movie add on I am not finding it possible.

At my site, The Goat House I have my TV Section setup like THIS. I can make the Movie section alphabetical no problem (it currently isn't), but I cannot make the movies display all on one endless page. Is there an easy solution to this via the options in the ACP?

That's not possible with the movie starter. The only thing you can do is to change the "Discussions per page" in XenForo's setup options. But that will affect all forums, not just the movie forums.

Gotcha. Thanks for the reply Snog Snog. Hoping they eventually allow the discussions per page options to be changed individually one day.

Back