[OzzModz] TMDb Movie Thread Starter for XenForo 2.1+

[OzzModz] TMDb Movie Thread Starter for XenForo 2.1+ [Paid] 2.2.1

No permission to buy ($30.00)
You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content
I don't know what to tell you. The notice was posted as an update to the XF 1 version way back in July (both here and on the XF site), long before the RC versions were being released.
https://snogssite.com/resources/tmdb-movie-thread-starter-for-xenforo-1-x.4/update/255/
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/tmdb-movie-thread-starter-for-xenforo-1-x.2149/update/22503/

Your only options are...
1) Revert back to XF1 and perform the upgrade to 2.1.13
2) Delete all of your movie threads and start over with the XF 2 version.

no can no longer return to xf1.
so if it is possible that I can simply delete xf1 add-on and then do fresh install in xf2 would be helpful. im only need to deinstall the threads and the add-on or?

You would need to delete all of your movie threads and uninstall the XF 1 version.

However, this will leave "orphaned" data in your database. To remove that would take a little bit of work. Most notably removing all of the columns with the tmdb prefix from your xf_thread and xf_forum tables.

I upgraded from XF1 to XF2, then installed your add-on. Everything seemed to work fine. Then I deleted some movie threads. And now I get the following error in my ACP.

Code:
You must validate your XenForo license to see code

AND

Code:

Can you run the cron task manually and let me know if any errors come up that way?

And do those errors happen all of the time, or did they happen right around the same time you deleted a movie thread?

I ran the following cron entry “Convert XF1 movie threads to XF2 version”, and I got this error:

Code:

Yes, they appear all the time.

After converting from xf1 to xf2, I noticed that some of the threads in the forum list were not showing the movie information, even after few days had passed. That’s when I first noticed those 2 errors.

Ok, I've uploaded a patch to the cron task to the download server.

Download the add-on, unzip it and just upload the files to your server. You don't need to do anything else except upload the files.

Once you've done that, manually run the cron task again and let me know if any errors come up.

I did like you asked, but I’m getting the same error:

Code:

That's NOT the same error. That's a trailer error, the other was a release error.

It actually looks like you're not conecting to the movie database.

Can you post a new movie?

Alright, I've uploaded another patch to the cron task that should prevent any errors from happening in the event the data from the movie database isn't available for what ever reason.

Download the add-on again, and just upload the files to your server.

BUT, that does not explain why the data can't be retrieved from TMDb in the first place. And without fixing that, your threads will not be updated to display properly in XF2.

Thank you! The issue has been resolved. The errors are no longer visible in my ACP. As I have deleted all the old threads from Xf1, can I just disable the corn entry?

Yes and No! There are some movies that I can post. But there are others that I am unable to post, and I get this error when I try to post them.

"Oops! We ran into some problems."
"The requested thread could not be found."

Also this happens when I enter text along with the TVDB link. This only happens with the moves I’m unable to post.
Code:

If you've deleted all of the movie threads, run the cron task one more time without any movies. That will delete the custom BB Codes that are used to display the XF 1 version posts.

Ok, hold on here. You say "TVDB link" are you sure you're not entering a link to a TV show? You should get an error saying a TV link can't be used.

And what do you mean by "text along with the TVDB link"? What are you trying to enter?

Could you also give me an example of a TMDb movie link you are unable to post?

EDIT: Also, the error you're getting now is where comments are merged into an existing thread if the movie is already posted. I just tested that here without a problem...
https://snogssite.com/threads/the-disaster-artist.2455/#post-20182

This is really beginning to look like your database might be corrupted or something isn't set up correctly.

My bad! I meant TMDB (www.themoviedb.org). No, I'm not entering TV links.

I mean the message box used to reply to a thread.

I was able to post the following movie:

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/354861-bastards

But when I tried posting IT (2017), I got the above error:

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/346364-it

There may many more, but I haven’t tested them all. Example, I’m unable to post “Daddy's Home 2” (2017) and “The Disaster Artist” among others.

Ok, since you started over anyway...

Could you delete all of the movie threads again?

Then using PHPMyAdmin look at the xf_snog_movies_thread table. Is there anything in there?

If there are no movies in the forum, that table should be empty. And you're getting errors because it's not. And I would bet the movies you're having trouble posting are in that table.

Do you have any other add-ons installed, and which ones if you do?

Your only recourse is to start over fresh. Uninstall the add-on, then re-install it. That will give you all fresh, empty tables to start with.

EDIT: However, this should never happen. Something was done at some point to cause it, or something is interfering with the add-on to cause it.

Active Add-ons:
[XFA] Core 1.0.0
[XFA] Nodes Icon Tweak 3.0.0
[xFv] Text Logo 1.0.5
Question Threads 1.2.4

I'll give this a try.

Thank you.

Most of those are premium add-ons I don't have access to.

I would strongly suggest that after re-installing the add-on, you try posting a movie. Then delete the thread and checking the table I mentioned above.

If that table is not empty after doing that, then one of those add-ons is interfering with the movie starter and you'll have to disable them to find the culprit.

Back