• Like XenForo 1.x itself, add-ons for XF 1.x are in support mode. This means that they will receive bug fixes until May 31st, 2019 and security updates only until December 31st, 2019. They are feature locked and no new features will be added. As of December 31, 2019 they will be End of Life and no further updates will be given after that date.
Resource icon

vBulletin Social Groups Importer for XenForo 1.x [Paid] 1.1.1

In support mode only
No longer available for purchase

imagery

Validated XF Owner
Social Groups Owner
Groups Importer Owner
I get this error at around the 20% mark of importing Social Group Members.

You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content

Snog

Administrator
Validated XF Owner
Have you deleted any users in XenForo that were present in vBulletin?

That's what it looks like, but I want to be sure before I issue an update.

EDIT: There's no doubt this was the problem. An update has been released.

Snog

Administrator
Validated XF Owner
Imagery,

After you download and install the update for the IMPORTER, you need to uninstall the actual Social Group add-on and re-install it. This will reset the database tables for the social group system to an empty state.

Then run the importer again, and if prompted select 'Start a fresh import' and click 'Restart'.

imagery

Validated XF Owner
Social Groups Owner
Groups Importer Owner
Indeed - I deleted user "anonymous" (tells you how long I was on vB) in XF.

I will update and try again this evening and report back. Thanks!

Snog

Administrator
Validated XF Owner
Just don't forget to uninstall and re-install the actual social group add-on after upgrading the importer. That's important for a good import.

imagery

Validated XF Owner
Social Groups Owner
Groups Importer Owner
Worked great!

Final question - any way to import the custom group icons as well (perhaps under avatar-style)?

Snog

Administrator
Validated XF Owner
I thought it would :D

Unfortunately, the site that donated a clone of their site to develop this add-on did not have any group avatars that I could test an import with. So, I couldn't include an importer for the group avatars with a clear conscience.

That and I do believe the size of the avatars would be in question. At this moment I don't have access to my development server because I'm currently transferring everything to a new server (about 200GB so it will be a while). But I think the group avatars in vB are fairly small and would look horrible when stretched to the size used by the group system. As soon as I can access everything again, I'll double check that.

imagery

Validated XF Owner
Social Groups Owner
Groups Importer Owner
I could provide my vBulletin installation if you're interested. Most of the group icons from vBulletin are bigger than 80x80 (XF avatar option).

Snog

Administrator
Validated XF Owner
That would help a lot. But, it has to be a full clone of the site, including the database. It wouldn't take me long to work up that part of the import.

And since you've already imported your groups, it wouldn't help you much at this point. You would have to uninstall the group system itself again and re-import with the new version.

Robman

Social Groups Owner
Groups Importer Owner
I get this Error at Step2 Import Social Grps:

Server Error
Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\xFCr all...' for column 'groupdescription' at row 1

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1624
  5. XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1613
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1405
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in Snog/SocialGroupsImporter/Model/Import.php at line 152
  8. Snog_SocialGroupsImporter_Model_Import->_importData() in Snog/SocialGroupsImporter/Model/Import.php at line 171
  9. Snog_SocialGroupsImporter_Model_Import->importGroup() in Snog/SocialGroupsImporter/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 305
  10. Snog_SocialGroupsImporter_Importer_vBulletin->stepSocialGroups() in Snog/SocialGroupsImporter/Importer/Abstract.php at line 60
  11. Snog_SocialGroupsImporter_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in Snog/SocialGroupsImporter/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 134
  12. Snog_SocialGroupsImporter_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in Snog/SocialGroupsImporter/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 173
  13. Snog_SocialGroupsImporter_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in Snog/SocialGroupsImporter/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 129
  14. Snog_SocialGroupsImporter_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  15. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  16. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /usr/www/users/site/admin.php at line 13

Snog

Administrator
Validated XF Owner
Robman, I haven't seen that error before.

Would it be possible to get a copy of your vB database so I can take a look at the group descriptions there? Or, at the very least the socialgroup table.

Top Bottom