[OzzModz] Social Groups

[OzzModz] Social Groups [Paid] 2.1.33 Patch Level 6

No permission to buy ($49.00)
I just performed a "gracefull reboot" of my VPS and I have been creating demo groups as well as another Admin on site at the same time and so far no server errors reported in XF. I will keep watching.

You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content
I do. As you said it's always been a toxic topic and a turn off for people deciding whether or not to join a forum. So unless someone joins the politics group, they can't see the messages posted in that group.

I don't know for sure, but check with Slavik at XenForo. He MIGHT have an importer. I know he has one for this social group system from vB to XF, but I'm not sure if he has something that will work with that add-on or not.

Ozzy47 Ozzy47 asked me to post this here for you to look at Snog Snog

Just having a bit of an issue with user groups.

People don't seem to be able to attach files to discussion posts. Is this by design or is there something we need to set?

I have set the permissions to allow members to add attachments to posts.

I should have explained the issue better.

It's not that they get an error when they try to attach a file to a discussion post (not a forum post), it's that there is no option at all. No "Attach files" button is visible.

We haven't updated to 2.1.3 because of the editor bugs people have reported.

socialgroupdiscussion.png

socialgroupdiscussion-2.png

What we wanted to do was have them as better versions of conversations.

Not having attachments is a big problem for us.

Not sure if this is a bug or its just our forum. When viewing the groups as a logged in administrator I get the screen shot below. When viewing the groups as a guest its fine.

EDIT: Nevermind it was another add-on causing this issue.

Bug report for version: 2.1.15

I'm getting a ton of E_NOTICE errors in regards to the social groups. The forum seems to be functioning properly at least but my log is filled up with repeats of this on different pages. All of them are [E_NOTICE] Trying to get property 'privategroup' of non-object, 'privatehide,' or 'restricted.'

EDIT: Might possibly be a bug with another addon. Making a change, will come edit again if the notices don't happen anymore aha.

Full error trace:
Code:
You must validate your XenForo license to see code

Is there any scope for paying for development to allow attachments in social group discussions?

Question - is there some way to allow viewing of edit history in groups? My moderators can see it in all of the forum but not groups, and it's something we use to help prevent abuses. I'm not sure if I'm missing a permission somewhere, but they do have 'edit any post' enabled.

We also just noticed that members have the ability to upload images directly into the editor despite having this permission explicitly set to "never". It's unavailable in the rest of the forums.

Groups do not operate using the default permission settings in Xenforo.

Check the permissions for group members in Admin->Groups & permissions->Group member permissions.

Thank you!

Ah, thank you! I realized that was my fault - it was only administrative members that could override it, and I didn't realize it was mentioned from an administrator account. Regular members can't upload, so that's fine.

Hello

I had 'Container content: Above ' enabled on "Advertising" feature. Can someone here helps me on conditional to hide it on all pages of this addon?

Thanks

Back