[OzzModz] Social Groups

[OzzModz] Social Groups [Paid] 2.1.33 Patch Level 6

No permission to buy ($49.00)
You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content

For this it seems to be a perfectly fine way as XF does similar with checkboxes in many places such as this.
HTML:
You must validate your XenForo license to see code

I seem to be having trouble in creating a sub-forum within a group I own (I am also the site admin and so have all permissions checked to allow me to do anything), but somehow when I go to Owner Tools -> Create Subforum, I get a popup which does not allow me to choose any parent forum... I think I'm missing something obvious, somewhere.... help. xD

A screenshot would be helpful.

You should see a popup like this...
subforum.png

It will only allow you to select a parent that belongs to the group you're creating the sub-forum for. So if there's only the main group forum, that's the only one you can select.

I recently had problems deleting some users from the forum. I got the message "Please enter a number that is at least 0".

I do not know the connection to this add-on. But after I deactivated it, I was able to delete the users without any error message.

This must affect version 2.1.19 - 2.1.24 (25).

Bug report for version: 2.1.25

InvalidArgumentException: Attempted to convert NULL to integer [read_id]
src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:740

Full error trace:
Code:
You must validate your XenForo license to see code

I searched but didn't get any results. Can't find the "require category". Right now people can choose uncategorized. Please advise.

The only time a category is required is when a group is created with a group forum. All other groups can be created without a category.

Is there a way to put notices on the group page?

On a group's forum page, yes. Just use the normal notice system in XF and select the group's forum in page criteria.

Anywhere else would be a universal notice that would appear in all groups. And to do that you would need to use the "Controller and action" section of the XF notice system. If you do this, you might need to define multiple notices so it appears on every page in the group system.

EXAMPLES;

This would make the notice appear on all Group pages except Forum, Discussions, Photos, Media and Events pages.
notice.png

This would make the notice appear on all group Discussion pages
disnotice.png

If you mean can a notice be made by the owner of a group in a group itself, no.

Bug report for version: 2.1.8 (SG version 2.1.16)

When importing or creating a new style, or making changes to the page_container template, we get this error:

Line 815: Template tags are not well formed. Tag set was found when expecting if. - Template modifications: public:pAGE_CONTAINER

When we disable Social Groups, this error goes away.

We're using PixelExit's FlatAwesome+ 2.1.8

Ross at PixelExit says on other sites where this error appears, they also disable Social Groups and the error goes away.

Is there any help you can provide? The same error with the same fix across multiple sites appears to indicate it's a Social Groups issue, or a clash between SG and PE's themes that you might need to solve together.

social_groups_line815_error.jpg

Hi,
I currently use the Private Threads add-on which has been a huge hit on my forum since the XF1 days.

I'm looking at maybe taking this a step further now and have been very interested in this add-on. Just a few questions.

1) Is it possible to disable the calendar and photo album at admin level or group owner level?
2) Am I right in thinking that each group will get their own single forum, and discussions within that forum will be private to users that are not members? (Can't see thread title/last reply etc)
3) Is it possible to transfer over Private Threads & their users to a social group?

I'm sure there's a few other questions, but they are my main ones for now!

Thanks in advance

Dave

That can be done in the User group permissions. If they don't have permission to create them, they won't have the option to create them when a group is created.

groupperms.png
It depends on the group type and if non-members are allowed to view the threads. If it's a private group or if "Non-member can view thread contents" is not checked, then they won't be able to see threads in that group.

For example, if you aren't a member of this group you can't see threads in it...
https://snogssite.com/group/group-system-test.1/info
That would take work on your part. After the group is created you can move threads into the new group. I would suggest being absolutely certain that there aren't any participants in the thread that are not members of the group. I've never taken this approach so I'm not sure how well it would work.

You can not make members of a private thread, group members automatically.

I have never used Private threads within a group (at least I don't think I have) and I wouldn't suggest it.

Snog Snog
Many thanks for your reply and I hope you are enjoying retirement!
One more question!

5 chatters are involved in a Private Thread. They create a new group using the social add-on and all join up as members. I move their private thread over to their new group. If I was to then set the private thead as "Change to public thread" - Would the thread and contents then only be viewable by the members of that group? IE, although set to public, it takes on the permissions of the group it has been moved to?

At present, I have chatters using private threads, with each individual thread having upto 5,000 posts in it. I think moving over to the social groups option might make things a bit more organised for them.

If you do that, I would personally take the site offline while moving the thread (make site inactive so nobody can see the site). Then I would make the thread public first. That will remove any data for the thread from the Private thread add-on. Then I would move it into the new group where the group permissions would then work with it.

Back