Group Creation/Join Permissions

Warchamp7

XF2 Groups Owner
I'd like to test out the Groups functionality but it doesn't seem like I can currently create a group or join any of the existing ones.

Is there a demo site somewhere or can I request permissions for here?

You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content
You should be able to request membership to any group.

I've added you to a user group that is allowed to create one group. Just please be sure to create your group in the 'Test Groups' category.

Hmm... something has changed in XF to cause a user to not be able to join a group.

I'm looking into it now.

Has this been fixed?
I do not see options to create a test group either.
or maybe I cant not create a group, not quite
sure if you set it up that way for others to test...

thanks

You should see the 'Join Group' or 'Request to join' button on the individual group Information page.
joingroup.png

Creating a test group of your own requires that I put you into a different user group, which I've now done. You should see a 'Create group' selection in the menu tab sub-menu.
creategroup.png

This may work well with my type of site, however, i already have posts in the business section, would I be able to move existing posts from normal categories into lets a Business group?

You can move threads from an existing forum into a group forum.

But you can't move an existing forum itself into a group. Only the threads from the existing forum can be moved into a group forum.

In other words, you create a group with a forum, then move the threads from the existing forum into the group forum.

I hope that's clearer than mud. :)

Also, as I said on the XenForo site....

If ALL of your users do not have their primary user group set as 'Registered', the group system will not work properly and shouldn't be purchased.

Back