Looking to buy Social Groups 1.4.0

chris67282

Hi, I hope you can help.

I am looking to purchase Snog's Social Groups 1.4.0 but would like to ask a few questions before I do as I have already bought the Nobita groups addon and it's crap with zero support and don't want to fall in the same trap...

1. Can regular members ask to join closed (private) groups or do they have to be invited?

2. Can the layout of the groups be changed (ie the size of the cover buttons in this area: https://snogssite.com/groups/ ?

3. Does the user who creates the group automatically have permissions to moderate that group and if so can these permissions be limited? (We don't want to give our group owners total control)

4. Is there an 'events' tab or a calendar option where group users can add events/dates?

Thanks in advance.

You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content
It depends on if it's a hidden private group or not. If it's hidden, they must be invited.

The buttons can be like shown or avatar sized.

The owner has complete control over the group and assigns their own moderators. The only other users that have control of a group are site admins.

Sorry, no there isn't.

So there's no way to remove certain permissions from the owner?
Basically I would like the owner to only be able to approve requests to join the group.
The main site administrator can moderate all groups - we don't need further moderators.

Sorry, no there isn't. As the owner of the group, they have complete control over the group. That is hard coded throughout the add-on.

Let me answer on your support question, you won't find better support on any of the products than right here.

As you can see I try and only purchase my paid add on here because I have also ended up with support issues when purchasing from some other developers.

Back