[Moved] OS/Browser Display for XenForo 1.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I can’t certainly sell a paid addon that is not supported, and no I won’t be making it free either.

You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content

You sir, suck. I will not be buying any of your stuff. Fortunately I found a hacked version downloadable for free.^_^ I would have paid you for it. But since you're being such an ass, well then fuck you.

All he said was he wouldn't sell anything he is not supporting. It would be irresponsible for him to do so.

Xenforo 1 is past EoL and I don't see anyone out there writing addons for it or supporting any of the existing ones.

Xenforo itself no longer supports xf1!

Well, to each their own. I prefer XenForo 1 instead. I would rather swim in molten lava, listen to an undead cat sing as it is lowered into said lava, and hang out with the Grim Reaper before I will ever -downgrade- my XF1 forum to XF2.

I felt the exact same way about vbulletin 3.8 for many many years. Hell, I still use windowsXP in my main desktop!

Thank you for your lovely feedback. It’s truly appreciated. Hope your life’s journey take you to the highest peak. Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves couldn’t have chosen more wisely.

Oh, it is. I live well. Nice house. Lotsa money. Plenty of cute girls and guys for servants who will do absolutely -anything- for me. ... -Anything-.^_^

Hope you have fun in life too.^_^

*Wanders off with a pair of cute maids, one guy and one girl, for some nice... -fun-.*^_^

I pretty much have to unless I want to pay the 3k licensing key again for my digital audio software.

32 bit... Dinosaur is what xp is. I have a newer desktop I seldom use that is up to date and only use that for developing, for checking style work on all the various browsers, and so on.

Not for nothing but the difference between vb3.8 and xf is night and day, so is the difference between xf1 and xf2.2. The world moves on regardless.

I have to as well. Close to $ 3,000 worth of games and software that -will- -not- work on anything higher than XP. Also, Outlook Express. And other programs. I have a Win 7 comp. But, I use that for playing Skyrim, and such. My main comp is my XP one. Lotsa good stuff it's got on it. Also, with my Win 7 comp in the shop due to rat attack, it's the -only- one I've got. And with the shop refusing to fix my Win 7, or let me near them and it, until the covid crisis is over... It looks like it's going to be my -only- comp for awhile.

The world may move on. But I do not have to move with it. Freedom of choice and all that y'know.

Have a nice night/day wherever you are.^_^^_^

It seems you might have missed my point so I'll elucidate further. It's not about your freedom of choice at all.

As developers, we DO have to move with it. 99 percent of web users out there upgrade to the latest stuff - some quickly, others more slowly. But the point of diminishing returns comes very quickly in software, and when a major engine provider stops supporting an older version of his stuff, WE stop supporting our addons for that version as well. This was true when we were vbulletin devs and it's true now. In good conscience, this also means we stop SELLING any of the addons for the unsupported version.

There's no money being made here in any event. Ozzy and I have been partners for over 12 years and we both still have jobs in the real world, still raise our families and still give our time and talents to create and publish "quality of life" addons for the xenforo userbase out there - most of which are given absolutely free of charge.

The major addons which took lots of time to design develop and test, and require time and energy to support moreso than others - we DO charge a small fee for the download of those. But when the distro version they're made for goes belly up? We no longer sell that product for that version. This does not make us "suck" and it doesn't make us "asses" this makes us "responsible."

And for us this is really just a hobby, it's voluntarily giving our time talent and energies and creative thought, to our fellow xenforoites. And mostly, for free.

When a dev decides he wants to get out of the arena and retire - like Snog did about a year ago? Ozzy is one of the go-to guys to give all of their work to because the reputation of OzzModz is very good and they know their work will be carried on in a professional manner.

If you can't see your way clear to at least respect Ozzy for what he does and continues to do, then really it's your own loss. But coming on to our site here and saying "fuck you" and calling us asses and saying we suck, just because we're doing what we have always done? That's as completely classless as it comes.

I'd ask for an apology but I have the feeling it would be a wasted gesture.

I'm sitting here hoping that when you install the addon after getting it from a warez site, that your site doesn't wind up hacked, or even worse that your identity is compromised. What do you think these thieves, these non-creative no talent bottom feeders, these scavenger warez providers, are really in it for? THEY are the ones who "suck," are asses and who you should be saying "fuck you" to.

Anyhow, I'll step off the soapbox now. We run into this kind of thing SO seldom that really, it's not worth the dignity of a response. But what the hell, I thought I'd try it anyway, if only for the record and the edification of other readers.

Toodles.

So, you're saying that I have no right to decide anything for myself? ... ..... I got that enough from my parents. I don't need it from you too.

It might be unsupported, but it is stable. So was the add-on. Which I was offering to, y'know, pay for then.

Those free ones seem to be disappearing from xenforo.com resources as well.

Actually, yes it does.

So yeah, it does too make you an asshole.

Yeah. Some good stuff. ... Until you decided to yank it all away. .....

He probably didn't expect to yank all his Xen 1 stuff though.

I have no problem with Ozzy. Nor did I disrespect him. It's you I was calling an asshole.

When Hell freezes over dude. It is you who should apologize to me. For being an asshole.

You didn't give me a choice about that though. I offered to pay. You became an asshole.

Besides, it's a fanfic forum. With no money transactions happening there. What are they going to steal? The latest chapter of a fic where Taylor Hebert has a bad day, and Triggers with a different power? ... They can read the fics in Guest mode if they want too. A link to the latest Worm CYOA? ... Again, they can click that link in Guest mode. A name? Fanfic authors don't use their real names. I doubt knowing the name "The Dark Goddess" is going to allow them to get anything. It's not like there are any real names being used there.

There's nothing there that they would want.

They had it downloadable for free there. Cost me nothing. Because you were an asshole, and turned away my offer of payment, you get nothing.

Try not to land too hard then.

Bye!^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back