Movie and TV addon

ernestdefoe

TMDb Threads Owner
OSB Display Owner
XF2 PayPal Balance
TV Threads Owner
Social Groups Owner
XF2 Movies Owner
Would it be possible at some point in the future to have it where the movie and tv listing addon be where you can use Brogan's Featured Thread addon to feature different movie and tv shows? Since I am working on a site that will be for movie and tv talk I would like to be able to feature those threads and get some more attention to them?

Snog Snog I have tried it. There is no option to feature the thread. To make sure I had permissions right I made a test post non related to the two addons and it had the option to feature the thread.

I have added 2 screenshots. The first one is in a normal node it has the option to feature a thread and the second one is in a node used for the TV addon which it is the same with the movie addon the option to feature a thread isn't there.
Screen Shot 2014-10-05 at 7.22.41 AM.png
Screen Shot 2014-10-05 at 7.23.18 AM.png

I'll have to talk to Brogan on Monday to see if I can get a copy of the add-on from him.

If he's using standard hooks to add the option to the thread tools menu, it should work. If he's using the TMS, it won't work.

You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content

Hopefully he is using hooks and not TMS as it would be awesome if this addon could work in conjunction with his.

The thing is, if he was using hooks it should already work. So I suspect the TMS.

You're probably right but it sure would be awesome if this addon worked with his.

I just noticed that if you have the TV and Movie forums selected as auto feature it works. But you can't actually feature manually threads in those forums.

Just to let you know that I'm not ignoring this. I know what needs to be done and it will most likely be in the next release.

Awesome news Snog Snog. I look forward to it. Makes an awesome addon even better.

Back