[OzzModz] Contact Us Spaminator

[OzzModz] Contact Us Spaminator [Paid] 2.2.0

No permission to buy ($30.00)
I checked my log 30 minutes after I installed this mod - around the time I posted message #19 - and it had already blocked 2 spam attempts. Very nice.

Just upgraded to XF 2.2, seems OK so far. Just backed up all files and databases, held my breath, and mashed the upgrade button. :)

BTW, 16,578 blocked in Spaminator since upgrade to 1.1.3. 41,584 blocked in Login, and 5391 blocked in Contact
It would be a lot more but I have most of China, Russia, and Ukraine blocked in NGINX reverse proxy, so they never make it to Apache.

Since opening last month, my first bit of spam came through the contact form overnight..

..Spaminated! :cool:

No sorry, I meant I've just purchased it this morning to eliminate future automated spam.. :)

(My registration spaminator doesn't have any logs yet, but the site is still new.. I'm sure it'll come into it's own soon enough)

Installed it a few hours ago and it already solved a "spam attack". Good job!

Worth adding instructions about the logs. Took me some digging to find the permission and url.

Good to hear it’s already working for you. I’ll add the instruction info soon.

I was having trouble with server errors from the contact us spaminator. The spammers were using long subject lines.
I changed the Subject parameters from varchar(100) to varchar(255), seems to have worked so far.
Will this cause me any other problems?
Thanks

I don’t think so, but I’d imagine you would get errors without the addon.

What were the errors?

I didn't copy the control panel errors, should have.
They were all bots, the error pop-up indicated they were from contact us spaminator, and subject too long.
Some of the bots do seem to use really long subjects. Never had a problem with a legitimate contact us user.

Thanks,

Let me know if you get them again, post up the errors, stack trace and request state.

Does this support Contact Us Essentials, and if not, could it? :)

Interested in using the above add-on (probably should have asked before purchase!), but not if I'm gonna get spammed.

You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content
First, on cursory review I see nothing in that plugin that would interfere. It adds an extra radio field to the default form. Only thing to do is give them both a try together and see if entries are still collecting in your log. Please report back either way.

I *think* it uses a different form but styled the same, though I'm not 100% - the Contact link is changed from /misc/contact to /contact-us which is why I asked.. I'd try them, but only have one record in my log as it stands so it may not be an effective test.

You can manually navigate to it.

Back