[OzzModz] Contact Us Spaminator

[OzzModz] Contact Us Spaminator [Paid] 2.2.0

No permission to buy ($30.00)
You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content
Additionally... I visited your site and it appears the other add-on is not active? Have you not installed it? Whole point of my asking if you could still manually navigate to the contact us form was to see if that other addon allows that when active. I had assumed you had installed it and it was active.

It is perfectly safe to install it, then we can find out if it plays well with our addon.

You're right - I presumed that as it was a manual setting it would be fine, but I've adjusted the link and /misc/contact is overwridden.

Now we're getting somewhere.

I can see from reading the source code that the other addon is blocking ours. Because the other addon replaces the entire default form with one of its own.

So the question isn't "do we support his addon" the question is "why is the other addon violating xenforo resource guidelines by replacing an entire template instead of doing what it needs to do using template modifications instead." He is blocking every other addon now and in the future that uses template modifications for the contact us template. Not just ours.

You can verify this for yourself by putting our addon in Test mode then clicking on the "Contact Us" link on your site. You won't see any of our bot traps.

I'll shoot Stuart a message, but I can't see it being changed since it's in "Unsupported" status..

Looks like it'll be another custom development jobby via TickTackk if I want to use both!

The add-on needs to be brought into compliance with resource standards.

If you hire a dev to patch this just for your site make sure they do not alter our add-on. We won't support it for you if they do. They will need to fix Stu's add-on.

Well, I finally got another error after changing subject varchar from 100 to 255 in the contactus_log table, but it's the first in a long time.
Isn't the error coming from the error logging?
No big deal, I can live with an error every couple of months or so. :) Or, I guess I could change it to 1024 or something.

Code:
You must validate your XenForo license to see code
Code:
Code:

Got the plugin installed and haven't received any spam since. I was getting multiple submissions a day recently. So far, so good.

However: I can't view the Contact log, and I can't figure out where to set the permissions so that I can view it.

Thanks!

Attachments

Thanks! That worked great. It's already blocked 6 submissions this morning.

Are there setup instructions for the plugin? I'm just wondering if there is additional configuration I should do. Thanks for building this plugin — it's just what I was looking for.

Years in development and testing before public release, we should write a book about the genesis and birth of the Spaminator products. Tons of naysayers and doubters, all proven wrong.

Hello, so I'm getting this error today:

• MySQL query error [1406]: Data too long for column 'ipaddress' at row 1
  • src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php:230
Code:

It definitely blocked a spam attempt though.

I’m probably overthinking this, but I’m not confident in what each column of the log represents. I haven’t purchased the Registration Spaminator yet, but I have both the Login and Contact Us versions. Sometimes there are checkmarks, sometimes an “X” or even a drop-down field.

I’m sure these columns make perfect sense if one understands what they’re looking at, I’m just not there yet. Is there any chance this has been explained somewhere already?

Thank you!

Back