[OzzModz] Social Groups

[OzzModz] Social Groups [Paid] 2.1.33 Patch Level 6

No permission to buy ($49.00)
You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content

Does the same thing happen on a unmodified default style with all other addons disabled?

On unmodified default style it happens. I will do a test with all addons disabled and check back.

Strange, as I don’t think it’s happening here. Can you post a screenshot of it?

Sidebar widget (groupnav location)
screenshot-379.png

Will also put any widgets in that location at the bottom. I thought I had it figured out by commenting out some code in the page container. But it also removes widgets from the member view.

screenshot-379.png

That is something I am going to need an admin account to debug on your site. It’s not happening here nor has anyone else reported such behavior.

Are you going to update the add-on to XF 2.2 compatibility in the near future ?

That's great. I haven't updated XF 2.2 in my test forum, so let's see if I have time today. I like its social group (club) add-on, it's very similar to the one integrated invision, and allows to easily move content from conventional forums to clubs, and vice versa. I would like to make a suggestion, that when you move the threads from a normal forum to a club, add the users who created the threads as club members. Thank you.

(Este texto es una traduccion del español al ingles via DeepL traslator)

Not even as an option? it's a shame. I'm converting an old forum to social groups and it's very tedious to add users one by one.

Honestly you shouldn’t be adding users to a group without their consent. They should opt in.

They are deactivated and anonymized users, it's just to use as a filler. Do you know how hard it is to create an active community from scratch?

Also in my new project the conventional category and forum structure disappears and is completely replaced by social groups (club) and personal pages (blogs).

Using the database of a previous forum of my property, is something I am entitled to. Former users can request their complete deletion, or join the new project with the new structure, if they wish.

Hey,

Some things I would like to suggest for Social Groups are where Group Moderators can invite/approve/remove people from groups and (if permitted to by the group owner like a checkmark for group moderators to edit the Group information page.) to allow them to edit the information page.

I don't know if this is something maybe I could edit and maybe you could give me a few pointers on where to edit this at if you don't have the time to edit Social Groups or just don't want to add this feature. I was also thinking of maybe some sort of way, was that on the Group Calendar, there could be like an RSVP system the members could RSVP to.

I would love to hear back from you soon!

Cordially,
IceTheDev

How do you set things so that people who create groups can't set things to private?

Check this box to allow non-members to view group thread contents
Check this box to allow non-members to view group discussions
Check this box to allow non-members to view group photos

The only thing I allowed users to do was create groups that required approval. But I'm seeing their groups set with the above option unchecked. I'd like to avoid that from happening so that everything is public. Is there a way?

I have a feature suggestion. It would be nice to have a configurable option (either per group or a global toggle in the admin CP) to make a new group member automatically watch all forums in that Social Group. They would then have to unwatch the group, in order to opt out of getting notifications of new content.

I find that content in groups is pretty easily buried, and it would help make it more visible to group members.

This was a feature in the 1.X version, and my community has noticed its absence since we upgraded to 2.1.

Thank you!

Is it going to be possible to convert all phrases to Clubs from Groups?

Back